Jim Bowen

Surprised there is no thread for this brilliant master of deadpan humour and while browsing YouTube for something else, came across this anecdote of his relating to an episode of Bullseye that they could not broadcast because...............................

..................well you see. If you have a quarter of an hour to spare this is so worth it as it is imo absolutely hysterical. You can see where it is going after about half way through but it just gets better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N84zsnkv6_Q

Just a shame someone had to mess about with the graphics.

A comical anecdote. :)

Brilliant :) Bullseye story that may be apocryphal but I'm convinced I saw it one Sunday evening.

Jim's going through the introductions with the guests and he's chatting to one rather large lady ....

What do you do Jean?

I'm a housewife.

And you've been doing something a bit different lately haven't you Jean?

Yes Jim, I've been on a sponsored slim.

How much do you owe them?

I love JIm Bowen.

Quote: fasty @ 22nd January 2018, 7:55 PM

Brilliant :) Bullseye story that may be apocryphal but I'm convinced I saw it one Sunday evening.

Jim's going through the introductions with the guests and he's chatting to one rather large lady ....

What do you do Jean?

I'm a housewife.

And you've been doing something a bit different lately haven't you Jean?

Yes Jim, I've been on a sponsored slim.

How much do you owe them?

Ha ha. A former head teacher, I believe, I wonder if he honed his material in the morning assemblies?

Corny and very embarrassing jokes from Jim in every episode, as he nearly always starts the show in the centre of the audience gangway.
I've also noticed that in the recent repeats of Bullseye on the Challenge Channel, that Jim often shoves the contestants about, like some bossy teacher or bossy army man and he even stands-to-attention, at the side of the dart board on Bully's Prize Board and the 101 or more section. He's a stickler for rules is our strict Jim !
Both Jim and Tony Green also wear some terrible suits, that are sometimes sky blue or beige and watch out for Tony's Pringle jumpers.

Quote: PW 69 @ 25th January 2018, 7:26 PM

Corny and very embarrassing jokes from Jim in every episode, as he nearly always starts the show in the centre of the audience gangway.
I've also noticed that in the recent repeats of Bullseye on the Challenge Channel, that Jim often shoves the contestants about, like some bossy teacher or bossy army man and he even stands-to-attention, at the side of the dart board on Bully's Prize Board and the 101 or more section. He's a stickler for rules is our strict Jim !
Both Jim and Tony Green also wear some terrible suits, that are sometimes sky blue or beige and watch out for Tony's Pringle jumpers.

All part of the fun as far as I am concerned. He knew it was crap and played up to it.

Ay, smashing, super..........................