Inside No 9 - Series Four Page 2

Rory Kinnear played two very different people in a tale of confused identities, possibly based on a Shakespeare comedy as it was tortuous and complex which isn't my cup of tea, his comedies suck compared to his tragedies. The only horror film allusion I could make out was the eerie hotel corridor looking like the one in The Shining, which was nicely creepy. I didn't stay with it to see what happened at the end.

Loved it tonight and I creased up with llaughter tonight at the bubblewrap.

So clever to treat it like this too rather than chronologically.

I thought it was excellent, though I was expecting a return to the "present" to wrap things up. Still, lots of jokes and plenty to keep us guessing about the set up, good episode.

Well I've been waiting for someone else to mention it, but no.

So here I am with my nit pick..................... unless someone knows different.

When she turns the 6 over, she walks off in the direction that the assassin comes from on his motor bike, which means he would have passed her house first. So why didn't he go into that No. 9 and kill the wife, who he was paid to do and not the one he did by mistake.

Herc will be back soon, he's just off to count James Bond's bullets. That's after splurting spoilers.

I'm watching this series on iPlayer. Every time I watch one I think 'that was the best one yet', until I watch the next. Just watched Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room which was brilliant. Brilliant writing across so many different genres.

Sorry about that Will. I thought I had left it a decent time, unlike someone who spoilt Witless for me by watching all of them online and saying how it ended. As soon as I realised what their post was about I stopped reading it. It seems you are doing the reverse of them. :(

If you scroll down, Steve Pemberton explains some of the nitpicks people had on his Twitter. https://twitter.com/SP1nightonly/with_replies

And so does Reece. https://twitter.com/ReeceShearsmith/with_replies

Thanks for that zooo.

Not entirely satisfactory from either really as Reece's answer was a bit curt and Steve's lame.

They did both say they wrote and filmed it in reverse, which was a job to keep track of so I think it is actually a sort of continuity mistake. That would possibly explain both their answers.

We now need Will to watch it and see what he thinks. ;)

I have watched it Herc, and very good it was. What makes you think that the woman was going home when she left the house? It would make sence for her to walk the other way, not knowing if the assassin would come past her house.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th January 2018, 11:54 PM

When she turns the 6 over, she walks off in the direction that the assassin comes from on his motor bike, which means he would have passed her house first. So why didn't he go into that No. 9 and kill the wife, who he was paid to do and not the one he did by mistake.

If he's come off a main road the numbers usually start at the junction. Round our way the odd numbers are on t'other side of the road to the evens. So he' have passed 2, 4 then 9? Looked a fair bit posher there though ;)

This series is my first. I didn't reckon the hotel episode but pressed on with it and it's getting better.

Quote: Will Cam @ 20th January 2018, 11:16 AM

I have watched it Herc, and very good it was. What makes you think that the woman was going home when she left the house? It would make sence for her to walk the other way, not knowing if the assassin would come past her house.

Hmmm, maybe but having seen the Tweets now, at least I am not alone in thinking it. ;) And she could have been walking away.................maybe.

Quote: fasty @ 20th January 2018, 7:09 PM

If he's come off a main road the numbers usually start at the junction. Round our way the odd numbers are on t'other side of the road to the evens. So he' have passed 2, 4 then 9? Looked a fair bit posher there though ;)

This series is my first. I didn't reckon the hotel episode but pressed on with it and it's getting better.

IF he has come off the main road, and in the countryside (at least in the villages where I live) house numbers (IF any) don't always go even one side, odd t'uther. Quite often they will run in sequence 1,2,3, etc etc and then come down the other side. Cool

AND :O your first series! Shock, Horror, Probe. At least you must see "A Quiet Night In" from the first series (hysterical) and "The 12 Days of Christine" from the second run - a brilliant story worthy of Hitchcock.

[quote name="Hercules Grytpype Thynne" post="1185411" date="21st January 2018, 12:26 AM"H)AND :O your first series! Shock, Horror, Probe. [/quote]

Rectifying that now
:)

You are in for a treat. :) And if you're that way inclined (as I am being a dirty man) in 12 Days of Christine you get to very briefly see Sheridan Smith's knickers. Lovey

Don't want to upset Will again with a spoiler - he's bigger than me, but then again my Dad is bigger than his. However.....................

What did the rest of the viewers think?

It's strange that people are complaining about the "no-go" topics Friends covered and then they cover much darker topics in this. Maybe it gets away with it by not being a sitcom as such?