Benidorm - Series 10

The tenth series is due to start in February. Interesting to hear that John Challis will now be part of the main cast as Monty. Apparently, the first episode is to feature his possible wedding to Joyce Temple Savage.

For me, the show went downhill after about Series 4. It's still watchable, but it's not as funny as the earlier series.

A show very much living on its reputation. Seriously unfunny since it changed to the hour format. The occasional laugh and titter but very pale imitation of a once great show

Never watched it - seemed like a load of bollocks from day one, watching the promos years ago.

I watched the first 2 series and thought it was amusing and a fairly unique idea (fairly unique as in Duty Free was also a sitcom set in Spain)

It stalled pretty quickly and it's hard to believe that they are sill flogging the dead horse.

Maybe the production company love an expenses paid holiday to Spain in the guise of making a new series.

Stephen's put his finger on it.

Any idea on when the documentary and Series 10 is due to air, Aaron?

Expected later this month.

Ahh Benidorm still makes me laugh a bit, I admit it was awkward watching it morph from a scathing,sneering,caustic look at holiday makers to a beloved ensemble comedy.I think they stumbled for a season when they switched to the hour long shows and the tone of the comedy but they have mostly figured it out since then.

It's still better than most comedy IMHO

Series 10 starts with the "10 Years on Holiday" documentary on Tuesday 20th. The first episode of Series 10 follows on Tuesday 27th.

Quote: G180e @ 21st January 2018, 9:04 AM

For me, the show went downhill after about Series 4. It's still watchable, but it's not as funny as the earlier series.

Could not agree more - As soon as Steve Pemberton left the show, for me, the end was nigh.

The sitcom has turned into a Last of the Summer Wine of sorts. Chucking in any 60+ actor/actress and ensuring they direct it as a Carry On film almost.

Excellent first few series. ITV milked the hell out of this as it is rare that they pick-up any half-decent sitcoms so you can see why they keep renewing it.