The Mash Report

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be a thread for this yet. I'm also surprised that I quite enjoyed it last week. I was expecting something a bit like HIGNFY.

Geoff Norcott's been a real highlight of the show, IMO. They've a really good set of talent throughout.

I don't find 'Niche' Kumar funny at all so I am put off from watching this.

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd August 2017, 9:05 PM

I don't find 'Niche' Kumar funny at all so I am put off from watching this.

Just ignore him then. The rest of the show is very funny.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd August 2017, 8:24 PM

Geoff Norcott's been a real highlight of the show, IMO. They've a really good set of talent throughout.

Is he the Tory?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2017, 9:54 PM

Is he the Tory?

He is, yep.

Is this Aaron's super power, he can sniff a political persuasion at 100 meters. McCarthy Man, super hero.

I liked this. It's Newsjacky meets the daily mash, a distinctive flavour of comedy. Nish's voice lends itself to "sarcastic newsreader". Its just a shame one member of the cast and crew is Tory.Huh?

"Just before we start the show, let's go over to the news." Seems familiar to me? Maybe there's limited types of show though.

Quote: Firkin @ 5th August 2017, 4:36 PM

meets the daily mash

Funny you should say that...

Felt very disjointed to me and the obviously fake "social media" segment is mostly cringeworthy. (The only comments on Twitter, the few there were after the first episode, were mainly the cast plugging the show, and the odd person either saying they would watch it, or that it was meh.)

I would much have preferred if it was a show like a UK version of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, ot The Daily Show, which we don't really have over here. The closest thing is The Last Leg, which still isn't quite the same format. Now it's just a mishmash of stuff, some of which kind of works, some of which doesn't.

Persevered with four episodes and still not tickling my funny bone. Trying too hard? Too smug? Nish, Ellie and Andrew all done much better stuff before. Nish: MTW. Ellie: LATA. Andrew: NSTATN.

I thought it was great.

Just gave it 5 minutes - not funny.

Liked Rachel Parris's cartoons about sexual harassment. Geoff Norcott's section was the real highlight though, a breath of fresh air.

Caught a bit of it tonight (2 minutes - all I could stand) and didn't think it was funny at all - just a poor man's Brass Eye, with a bit of "aren't we funny and clever" arrogance.

Nish's monologue is a bit of a drag on the show. He's amiable enough but he's no Franke Boyle.