Comedy Screenwriter sought.

Hello all.

I will aim to keep this short and sweet - the nature of forums tends to result in many threads like this being created which I imagine seem to go nowhere and I would dearly like not to add to that pile. For what its worth I have professional experience and do tend to 'get things done'.

I am an experienced Producer (commercial and event-based) with something of a background in stand-up, although that is unrelated to my professional career. Currently seeking to complete 1 or 2 comedy shorts during 2018. These could be 10 minutes or longer depending on what scripts we are able to create. These would be purely self-funded but I aim to employ as much experienced talent as I can. I have 2 ideas for films I would like to pursue, hence my post here as I am rather out of the loop as far as the comedy community goes.

Currently seeking a screenwriter to work with on a professional basis. Sheets of experience not necessary but clearly someone who knows how to construct a funny script and who enjoys to work fairly collaboratively would be desirable.

Any messages outlining experience and rates will be replied to. I hope this tells people all they need and is in a format which is fairly forum-friendly: I know forums can often have specific rules and if I have contravened anything do let me know and I will edit accordingly.

Thank you for reading.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have an experienced team of writers and script-editors who could be a great match for you - would love to chat further.

You can read about us at www.whydidthechicken.com and contact us via info@whydidthechicken.com.

Best,
--
Dan Page
Chief Egg

Thanks very much for the private messages I have received - I will reply in the coming couple of days.

best wishes

Paul

Quote: PaulyV @ 17th January 2018, 1:34 PM

Thanks very much for the private messages I have received - I will reply in the coming couple of days.

best wishes

Paul

I am a screenwriter. I've written for Richard Pryor Jr's shows before (and yeah, he's the son of.)
I mostly like political satire, so if you got a spot for that, I'd be interested.

Hi, Paul;

If you're still looking for fresh, standout talent (...like: "How Do I Know Mermaids Never Existed? Because Men Would Never Allow Women To Live With Their Legs Fused Together!"...) then email me for more of the same at: deejaybim@yahoo.com.

And if you - or anyone else on this thread seeking Writers requires, I've done some really great work on most of the globally-trending topics. And when I make MYSELF laugh out loud, then it's usually MORE than funny!

Regards,

Deejay246

Hi PAUL

You may well have this all sorted by now as it seems i am late to this party I have written several comedy plays for the theatre one of which is in pre production now adapted for screen...i also adapted and wrote the screenplay..love to send you some samples to see what you think

i would say i cant write a joke to save my life but I can write funny!!! discovered a long time ago that they aren't the same thing

Email me on joe@balancingact.org.uk

Regards

joe

What if someone has no professional experience at all? How do they prove they can do this?

With a screenplay, presumably.

Hi Paul,

I have completed a number of screenplays, if you would like to see any of my material please feel free to let me know.