Worst 10 British sitcoms ever Page 23

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th January 2018, 7:38 AM

I'll stand up for MBBs.
I'm probably influenced by the fact that I trod the boards darling as a lad.
For years I was in the local town hall's annual pantomime.
The best part was always when someone fluffed or forgot their lines and cues.
The audience then, as now, loved it when this happened.

MBBs is meant to be just a pantomime. I mean - the principle girl is a boy.

Cool

I used to have this mindset, I went to see the film and I found the episodes very funny. Until, that is, the new Christmas special. One of the laziest, offensive half hours of comedy I've seen. Putting a person with dwarfism onscreen and l
laughing at them because they're small is not comedy writing

Quote: marac @ 19th July 2017, 4:54 PM

To be honest I have not seen every sitcom. There are some I have not yet got round to watching or I just don't have access to. From what I have seen so far i found most of these completely unwatchable:

1. House Of Fools
2. Badults
3. Him And Her
4. Beautiful People
5. The House That Jack Built
6. Bad Education
7. The Labours Of Erica
8. Hippies
9. Ballot Monkeys
10. Borderline

Ballot Monkeys was the only one of those I watched, so I will assume your other choices are also insane.

(I actually caught a few episodes of some of the others and at worst they were meh.)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th August 2017, 9:59 AM

The problem with a "worst" list is that you can only even start to consider those you have actually seen - and, furthermore, recall.

I mean... Are you being served, One foot in the grave, 'allo 'allo. Are they really worse than, for instance, "The Wright Way", which nobody seems to have mentioned here, Big Top or Life of Riley to name but three. And doubtless there are dozens worse than that, which no one has seen or recalls.

bingo

Quote: David Smith @ 15th April 2013, 7:01 PM

The Thin Blue Line was amazing!

I'd agree with that. The best show that Ben Elton wrote on his own.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th January 2018, 9:29 AM

But pantomimes are funny.

People say the panto format is outdated. Oh no it isn't.
These lists are all subjective anyway. I can't stand Blackadder 3 but I can't argue it's technically bad - Filthy Rich and Catflap is far weaker but it makes me laugh more.

Quote: John M @ 31st January 2018, 5:13 PM

I'd agree with that. The best show that Ben Elton wrote on his own.

Happy Families, surely?

When The Whistle Blows looks quite dire - shoddy, crude and heavily reliant on catch phrases - but I haven't found a whole episode, just the Making Of series.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th March 2018, 10:59 AM

When The Whistle Blows looks quite dire - shoddy, crude and heavily reliant on catch phrases - but I haven't found a whole episode, just the Making Of series.

Do you mean Extras?

Yes, he does.

Joke.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 18th March 2018, 4:44 PM

Joke.

Well, it was hilarious! Unimpressed

Just thinking about Darren Lamb always calling it When The Wind Blows makes me laugh.

Barry from Eastenders... I'd love a 'proper' mini episode of WTWB as a gag. Maybe for Comic Relief. You can do anything if it's for charity.
The second season is even funnier than the first. Part of me likes it more than The Office.
There you go, I said something positive.

So many funny moments. The idea of Coldplay turning up at the factory or the one with Steve Speirs. The scene with Cheggers constantly getting it wrong is my favourite scene.

I'd quote my fave lines but that's the kind of thing Blackadder fans do. I do have SOME standards.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 19th March 2018, 6:16 PM

I do have SOME standards.

The long winter evenings must just fly by.