Alert! Amazon Hack Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th January 2018, 11:29 AM

I just don't get it. I changed the password to an odd family word that only me and my deceased parent...

"How do you know my nickname was "Kippers Hancock"??"

VG :D but I thought it was "Swiss Tony"

"Putting up a tent, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You lay her on the grass, erect your pole, part the opening flaps and slip into the old bag."

Laughing out loud
I do miss Swiss Toni.

I wasn't a big fan of the series but the "...is like making love..."-bits were always hilarious. Sexist maybe, but funny. :D There Must be a list somewhere on the internet with all the variations...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th January 2018, 11:29 AM

OK, so finally sorted it with Amazon and this morning I have been hacked again with a new Russian email address! Angry
I just don't get it. I changed the password to an odd family word that only me and my deceased parents knew and made it into upper and lower case, stuck in a number and a symbol.
Just how are they managing to get into my account and change my email?!?!?! Surely it has to be internal?
Checked my online bank statement this morning and nothing has gone out, so it all seems a pointless exercise - just effin' annoying!

A password with upper/lower case and numbers and symbols should be a strong one so that's strange. Do you have anti virus and a firewall installed? AVG and Zone Alarm are both excellent and at the low low price of free. The email address you use with Amazon could have been hacked so I would delete all cookies and passwords on your computer so it logs you out of everything and then log back in to each online account you use but change the password for each one. Maybe create a new email address with yahoo, gmail, hotmail etc and use that as your registered email address with Amazon. Even though it seems they are not doing anything it's still not good to be getting hacked like that. Amazon might have a process for reporting this kind of thing and someone will investigate in more detail but for now the safest option would be to create a new email address and use that with your Amazon account as they are probably getting to it via your email account.

Yes I have all that protection and am very careful (I think) on emails, which I instantly delete if they look dodgy. The only trouble with new account/email etc. is that I find being able to refer to what I had previously ordered a handy reference for repeats.
My son says rather than spending time faffing about looking for a possible Trojan he is going to reinstall Windows and delete any obsolete or odd looking software, which hopefully will give my PC a total clear out.

Thank you for your advice Tarbs, it is most welcome! :)

Perhaps there is a Russian van outside your house reading your Wi-Fi signals.

For a while I was running on Mozilla Firefox (back on IE now) and it has just occurred to me that it always remembered your password to each site UNLESS you told it not to, and so am wondering if that is where my trouble started.