Inside No 9 - Series Four

IT'S BACK! Thoughts on Episode 1? Personally? Loved it. Quite aside from the astonishing challenge it must have been to write the script in iambic pentameter, not to mention the farcical plot elements, it even has a happy ending! I have to confess though, I didn't spot the hare, determined to upon my next viewing though!

Quite enjoyable.

Yes - very good. Coincidentally a colleague of mine wrote a short script in verse some years ago when we were putting together a show which featured six different stories in one hotel room like Plaza Suite.

Great to see Tanya Franks again. I wish she would smile a bit more though. I'm casting her in my sitcom.

Loved the reference to Psychoville.

Very sad.

The Tina Turner thing?

Quote: zooo @ 10th January 2018, 7:11 PM

The Tina Turner thing?

Yes

Hehe. Loved that bit.

Most enjoyable. Both very talented and versatile with lots of great 70s/80s comedy references.

The line something along the lines of "I won't try to be funny."

"No - nobody will expect that" amused me.

The first one was fun, and nicely observed. though the shade of Shakespeare doesn't have anything to worry about.

The second was lovely, I like to imagine that the character did know the other fellow was homeless and in a bad way before - maybe even got contacted by the daughter - but did nothing about it, and is now having the conversation he wishes he did. The only question is why all that wacky stuff was in the church hall to begin with.

Maybe this is going to be bleedin' obvious and something I clearly missed or went straight over my head; but why was their routine Ten Brown Bottles and not the classic Ten Green Bottles?

Have done a bit of searching ont'net and can find no reference to there ever being a song with Brown in it. Surely, it cannot be copyright issues? In addition, if it was that it had to alcohol - you can get beer in green bottles of course.

Or are Reece and Steve being controversial by playing with our minds?

I thought that was odd. Traditionally beer comes in brown bottles, but it seemed strange that it was not green, I agree.

Possibly not the best introduction to the work of this crew. Couldn't make head or tail of it. Wasn't Coogan's Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible a funnier and more recognisable parody of British horror films?

?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th January 2018, 9:04 PM

Possibly not the best introduction to the work of this crew. Couldn't make head or tail of it. Wasn't Coogan's Dr. Terrible's House of Horrible a funnier and more recognisable parody of British horror films?

What episode did you watch?