Mister Winner

Second one in, hmmm. Not sure what to make of this, but can't see it being offered a series. Some half good jokes, but when one of them is a play/pun on the word Koi/Coy for shy large goldfish..................... :|

I bloody hated him, but it was strangely watchable.
Luckily the other main character was a lot more likeable.

I concur, main character was too much of an annoying dick to be endearing, why the hell was she with him! I did laugh but wouldn't watch a series

I liked it but I was expecting something like Frank Spencer or Mr Bean. The first scene on the train, he could have had to run for it or fell over but to me he wasn't as 'prone to accidents'. IF they did a series, make him more like Frank breaking everything he touches, you know?

Victor in One Foot in the Grave.
(Tom) Chance in Chance in a Million.
Any more ironical names for losers?

The Comedy Playhouse has been a complete waste of time and money. So far, both have been absolutely abysmal.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 9th September 2017, 8:23 AM

Mr Bean?
Has Been!

Brilliant! Loved it. Should defo be a series. Spencer another loveable fall-down-get-back-up-again character that us Brits love so much. Romesh as creepy AirBNB host. Shaun brilliant as usual. Aimee-Ffion Edwards the long-suffering girlfriend. Dorothy the mum. 'I haven't had a relationship for thirty years. I've been with your father!' Boom! BBC you have my permission to spend my license fee on this. More please.

Thought it was excellent! Hope it gets picked up. Aimee very good in Detectorists, and in this. More please!

Nothing special. An amalgamation of different sitcom characters and events.

There will be a series of this, for good or bad. I didn't see the pilot but the blurb makes it sound like a Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em copy. Why do it then if it's been done? And isn't it another kick in the teeth to writers from the Beeb who keep telling them not to write sitcoms similar to others?

I'm thinking are they trying to recreate Frank Spencer without the mentally ill/retarded connotations it's sadly picked up in modern times. I also haven't seen the great sitcom on TV for a while when repeats used to be a staple, especially at Christmas. Do I smell a PC rat? They've even chosen the lead actor with the name Spencer. Hmm...

Good God, I've just noticed I started this thread and have no recollection of the programme................................just shows how funny it was.

AND NOW I have just noticed next to this on my desk top is news that the Beeb has ordered a full series - the mind boggles. :S

Was just about to come and post the same thing - I don't recall much of it, but I see my reaction was one of hate for the main character, so obviously won't watch a series of him!

I see the series of this started yesterday. Did anybody watch episode 1? Apparently the whole lot is on iPlayer.

Where? I see like Herc that I posted having watched it but remember nothing about it.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 9th September 2017, 8:23 AM

I obviously missed this post 3 years ago but Victor had never occurred to me before!

Given it was solely written by Matt Morgan (who I find hilarious, in his general demeanor), I expected a lot more uniqueness to it. Certainly wasn't 'bad', though not a series I'd eagerly re-watch. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the dialogue seemed a bit stilted; as though you could predict the beats of each scene. When characters communicated to each other, it felt like the way it would sound in a table read.

Still loving Morgan's podcast though, 'Matt Morgan's Funny How?'