Come Fly With Me - Series 1 Page 18

This was so funny because how they acted and the characters they played. David Walliams was good in this.

I watched the first episode a few weeks ago and wasn't that impressed. Maybe I should give it another go. Maybe it gets better from episode two on.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 19 2013, 8:12 AM BST

I watched the first episode a few weeks ago and wasn't that impressed. Maybe I should give it another go. Maybe it gets better from episode two on.

I wouldn't bother, if anything episode one was an early peak...(IMHO, etc etc)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 19 2013, 8:12 AM BST

Come Fly With Me is like Little Britain in a way in that it was funny at the time but it's just lost its spark when you rewatch them both now... although I was quite upset when they announced a second series would not be made! :(

Just watched what I'm guessing is the entire series (Six shows plus a behind the scenes special) off of Chappers saying Ian Foot was racist and looking up what the hell an Ian Foot was.

I get the reality show spoofing, which they took a page from anything on American television with the entire setup. Howsoever, the jokes weren't very clever and the characters not memorable and moreso based on stereotypes. I get what they were going for but they failed epically, and the entire show came off as cutting room floor material from Little Britain.

The best friends working at the desk seem to be holdovers from Little Britain, with Matt Lucas recycling characters from that show over to this. Walliams, on the other hand, came out with some unique interpretations with the Black dude running the customer service, the chick working the desk, and the wife that does the flights with her cheating husband. Howsoever, most of the characterizations were just HORRIBLE stereotypes belonging to a white nationalist website. Lucas doing the Jamaican holy ghost coffee shop worker always getting out of work was cringeworthy. On the other hand the Pakistani guy Taj character was musing at times. Ian Foot was a poor excuse for a racist character, while their Japanese girls sendup was enough to stop watching all together.

Overall, I highly doubt this will ever be shown on BBC America on SkyAmerica, as the overt stereotypes would be crucified, among other issues. I was really hoping to like this show, but now I see why Walliams wanted to walk away from it feeling like the stereotypes got out of their control, which it did, crashing and burning the entire production down a one way path to hell.

Did I say Ian Foot was racist? I don't know who Ian Foot is.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th December 2017, 5:01 PM

Did I say Ian Foot was racist? I don't know who Ian Foot is.

I could have sworn you said in the Little Britain thread Ian Foot Was racist. After looking back at it it was Kapow. Sorry dude. Love ya. Ian Foot is a character on Come Fly With Me that works for the airport security and stops people based on racial and religious profiles.