The League Of Gentlemen Page 7

It had the classic feel...which is remarkable after this long hiatus. And Mark, Reece and Steve haven't changed a bit.

Who would have guessed that hedgehog was going to explode?? ;)
Loved it, Pauline and Tubbs and Edward were highlights for me, very bittersweet seeing them carrying on with the shop in a condemned block. Glad Tubbs wasn't too badly disfigured >_<

It just finished downloading, so I'm excited to give it a watch. Sounds like I won't be disappointed.

Very enjoyable and the closing scene was a nice touch. :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 18th December 2017, 10:45 PM

It had the classic feel...which is remarkable after this long hiatus.

Agreed. Other than being filmed in HD it felt just like the old episodes. Great stuff!

Brilliant first episode, I have to say that I felt chills as the theme song played. I'm greatly looking forward to seeing if Papa Lazarou makes an appearance (I'm sure he will). Chinnery was my favourite of this episode by far, Gatiss exudes exactly the right amount of boyish enthusiasm. I knew as soon as we saw the hedgehog what was going to happen, but my God their effect budget must have been upped, because it was utterly horrific!

Oh god, the spines.
I had a lot of favourite bits, but Tubbs recording her new word 'docalement' was so sweet. And Pauline! Oh god.

"I've been catched in the tefalon" ....I've gone to heaven.

That was just perfect. I nearly shed a tear at the ending.
Wish I was going on the tour, but hopefully there'll be a live DVD.

I didn't realise there were three on consecutive nights - I just saw the first one but will have to watch on catch-up.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2017, 3:59 PM

I didn't realise there were three on consecutive nights - I just saw the first one but will have to watch on catch-up.

Yes, and I don't know why they did that. Odd.

Maybe they didn't want League and the new series of Inside No 9 on at the same time? (Which starts in a week or so, I think.)

Okay 'lll look for the whole set Inc these new ones on DVD as I missed them anyway, ta. Saw a trailer clup and it looks quite involving, so I ll start at the start, eventually.

What a lot of messing about to post a comment... OK.. So now I'm here I just want to mention about anniversary special. Is there anyway to directly get a message to the boys? I want to say thank you for the excellent homage word for word of beyond the grave the amicus Anthology from 70s..the twins dress as Donald pleasance daughter does in the film and auntie val says the immortal line Donald pleasance says in film, namely about words being wonderful things. Was great to see, I know they love old British horror and was a great moment.. Thankyou. League. Of gentlemen for such a tasteful homage.. Great stuff

Sometimes Reece will respond to comments on Twitter. But he at least will read it if you tweet directly at him.

https://twitter.com/ReeceShearsmith

(Of course if you're not already on Twitter, that will be even more messing about) ;)