Aww, shoot. Let's bang on about guns. Try to stay on target. Page 5

Happy holidays!

I assume a mime rifle doesn't require a silencer?

Now show us the photos of all the Australians who have been killed by guns since you "banned guns."

HINT: It's more than you've displayed above.

BONUS CHALLENGE: Show us how your gun murders compared to the United States' in the years before and after your "gun ban" and then present a cogent argument about how a similar "ban" would solve the problem of gun murders in the United States.

Quote: DaButt @ 17th December 2017, 4:04 AM

Now show us the photos of all the Australians who have been killed by guns since you "banned guns."

Don't be so fatuously combative. I have never claimed that Australia banned guns. What Australia did was make it much harder for civilians, especially urban civilians, to buy the things.

Quote: DaButt @ 17th December 2017, 4:04 AM

HINT: It's more than you've displayed above.

The tragic photo I posted is of the victims of one single gun massacre in the US. In just 15 minutes, the single gunman killed 58 people and injured 546 people. Australia has had nothing of that magnitude since it changed it gun laws following its 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

You really are a despicable person for promoting guns when they cause so much death, misery and suffering.

Ok, deliberately not been this thread for weeks. Personally I think it should be closed by the mods, I'm all for free speech and everything but the promoting of guns (which are illegal over 'ere) is really hacking me off, and the pics you are posting DeButt are just not funny. There, I'll expect another "well reasoned" reply as to why they are perfectly safe in the right hands etc etc, but that is not the point. At all.

Quote: Kenneth @ 17th December 2017, 7:39 AM

I have never claimed that Australia banned guns.

Hence the quotation marks that I put around the term.

Australia has had nothing of that magnitude since it changed it gun laws following its 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

And Australia had nothing of that magnitude before the Port Arthur massacre, either. That's my whole point: Australia didn't have a history of frequent mass shootings, nor did it have a gang problem or murder rate anywhere close to what we have in this country. Two entirely different countries with two entirely different histories; it's useless comparing them in the context of gun crimes.

You really are a despicable person for promoting guns when they cause so much death, misery and suffering.

No, I'm a very nice guy who doesn't mind explaining and discussing the very complicated issues of Second Amendment rights, gun crimes, sport shooting, gun control legislation, and statistics - even when confronted with personal attacks. Wave

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 17th December 2017, 12:20 PM

Personally I think it should be closed by the mods, I'm all for free speech and everything but

"I'm all for free speech, but..." can be construed as "I'm all for free speech, unless it's something I disagree with" and that's not at all a good thing. Speak your mind, join the conversation, or avoid the thread entirely - it's all perfectly fine with me. The last thing the world needs is more censorship.

guns (which are illegal over 'ere)

Guns aren't illegal in the UK. There are something like 2 million firearms in private hands in the UK.

the pics you are posting DeButt are just not funny.

You're confusing me with someone else. The only pic that I've posted in this thread was a graph.

There, I'll expect another "well reasoned" reply

Guilty as charged. :)

Oh yeah, silly me, I meant the multiple links and two YouTube videos.

Yes, there are legal gun owners in the UK, but the ordinary citizen Joe does not seek to have a gun "just in case". It's not part of our culture, thank God.

If a real zombie apocalypse happened, I think I'd rather sleep over at DaButts house and not Kenny's.
:P

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 17th December 2017, 2:36 PM

Yes, there are legal gun owners in the UK, but the ordinary citizen Joe does not seek to have a gun "just in case".

Maybe it's just the former Boy Scout in me ("Be prepared") but I consider it the prudent thing to do. Insurance policies, fire extinguishers, first aid kits and spare tires are all things that I hope I'll never need to use, but I'm glad they're there all the same. They'll just sit there harmlessly until the unlikely event that I need to use them.

Quote: Kapow @ 17th December 2017, 3:35 PM

If a real zombie apocalypse happened, I think I'd rather sleep over at DaButts house and not Kenny's.

Plenty of guns to go around. :)

Firearms, and they way that they're used on The Walking Dead, drive me and my neighbor crazy every time we watch it. So many irregularities on that show: Rick carrying a completely inappropriate revolver (only 6 shots and slow to reload), everyone seems to be able to shoot a zombie in the brain with one shot, but when they attack humans they wastefully spray hundreds of unaimed rounds that almost never hit anyone, etc. Where are they getting all of that ammunition?

Most of the situations on the show could be solved with pointy spears and a few snipers using hunting rifles.

This latest man had been targeted poultry before targeting humans and wasn't arrested. Is this common practice?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 16th February 2018, 1:11 PM

This latest man had been targeted poultry before targeting humans and wasn't arrested. Is this common practice?

Link?

Well this isn't the news thread anymore but... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43067530

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 16th February 2018, 4:23 PM

Well this isn't the news thread anymore but... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43067530

Other stories have said that he liked to target practice in his back yard with an air gun. Probably not illegal, although not certain about the chicken aspect. My guess is that nobody ever called the cops, possibly because it's not legal to have chickens in most neighborhoods.