The League Of Gentlemen Page 6

YES. Delighted to see this back for three new episodes. What I love about it is the vulgarity and madness of it, not really much else out there that I watch or comment on nowadays as I haven't found a single sitcom made in recent years funny in any way. I hope these new episodes don't go PC in any way as that would spoil it. Time to dig out the three series and Christmas special.

Ah, that's a solid idea. I'll be digging out the box sets as well leading up to the new episodes. Get myself in the proper frame of mind for more League of Gentlemen. Oh who am I kidding, I'm nearly always in the mood for LoG.

I'm thrilled about the new episodes. The thing I'm debating with myself about right now is whether or not to try to avoid press releases that might have spoilers. I might not be able to resist myself. I can't wait!

Quote: comical masterpiece @ 5th September 2017, 3:46 PM

YES. Delighted to see this back for three new episodes. What I love about it is the vulgarity and madness of it, not really much else out their that I watch or comment on nowadays as I haven't found a single sitcom made in recent years funny in any way. I hope these new episodes don't go PC in anyway as that would spoil it. Time to dig out the three series and Christmas special.

Me too - and a landmark post count for you too Com.

To quote Oscar Wilde, f**king awesome.

Only 4 more days until we Return to Royston Vasey!

Oh yes, I'm looking forward to this!

Can't wait for this either.

As if we aren't being spoiled enough with new episodes (plus new Inside No 9), a proper live tour next year too! I honestly never thought I;d get to see them in a live setting. OK so it;s a year away but the anticipation!

I've never seen this, though because of its obvious quality people talk of I thought I'd catch it all from the start on Gold or buy the dvds and watch them all over a Christmas holiday someday, as I will with Phoenix Nights which I also missed. But this new series has thrown me a googlie, if I watched that would I know where I was or would it ruin the surprise of watching the first two series? Is it best to wait and see the whole thing first? I still know virtually nothing about what it is and don't want to until I've watched it.

I can't see you would spoil anything by watching the new series Alf before the seeing the previous as it is not a continuing story as such - just the lives very funny grotesque characters who happen to live in Royston Vasey and make up this very weird sitcom.
Like most sitcoms you could watch any episode and there would be no "spoilers" as such.

That's my take on it anyway.

I'd say watch the old episodes first, then you will feel the anticipation for the new series like we do. Also, I'm pretty sure some of the storylines are picking up from where they left off, if the trailers are anything to go by. You'll love it Alfred!

Agreed. If you have time, I would watch it from the start before the new ones are broadcast! (There's not that many to get through.)

Key under the mat? :D

Oh my god, that was all so amazing. Yay!

Wasn't expecting to see Mark's bum in the first 30 seconds, but it's all good.

A few old visual jokes but lots of disgusting gags.

I expected the hedgehog to blow up but I wasn't expected what happened next.

Brilliant!