Fascinating Rock Videos

Post your favourite pop/rock videos!

This song by Meshuggah is not necessarily my cup of tea (although I like some good extreme metal from time to time) but the video is just fantastic.

House Of Cards - Radiohead

Jumping On Someone Else's Train

I used to watch Raw Power every week which was wall to wall rock videos mixed with rock news and gossip. These videos got played a lot.

Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun

Faith No More - Easy. A simple video of the band hanging out with a group of cross dressers. Keep an eye out for Pauline Calf.

Blind Melon - No Rain. This video was popular at the time thanks to the bumblebee girl. Contrary to popular myth the bumblebee girl in the video and the girl on the album cover are not the same person. The album cover was a picture of the drummer's sister but the girl in the video is the actress Heather DeLoach.

There was a short phase in the early 90s when Aerosmith was one of my favourite bands and it was this song, Janie's Got A Gun, that sparked my interest for them.
Oh yes, No Rain by Blind Melon is a real beauty. Still one of my favourite indie rock songs from that era alongside the Chili Peppers' Breaking That Girl.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th December 2017, 9:21 AM

There was a short phase in the early 90s when Aerosmith was one of my favourite bands and it was this song, Janie's Got A Gun, that sparked my interest for them.
Oh yes, No Rain by Blind Melon is a real beauty. Still one of my favourite indie rock songs from that period alongside the Chili Peppers' Breaking That Girl.

Doesn't work.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th December 2017, 9:24 AM

Doesn't work.

Thanks! Fixed it!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th December 2017, 9:31 AM

Thanks! Fixed it!

You're welcome. I saw the double = but thought f**k it, let him sort it out. :P

On a brighter note - the video that was voted the best one ever on The Old Grey Whistle Test on the very last programme.......................... and one of my all time favourites.

Just watched all 8 + minutes of it. FABULOUS. Got to be one of the best ever, let alone TOGWT, and the girl is SO HOT!! Lovey

A few of my faves -

The Specials - What I Like Most About You Is Your Girlfriend

Hot Chip - Night & Day (Directed By Peter Serafinowicz)

Tom Vek - Aroused

We Were Evergreen - Daughters

The Avalanches - 'Frontier Psychiatrist'

Took me ages to work out what "Veras" were at the time. Cool

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 16th December 2017, 9:21 AM

Same here :) It was seeing the video on Raw Power that got me interested as well because it was like a film trailer and has an unusual intro with the long vocal harmonies. Similar to Livin' On The Edge which was also like a film trailer. I heard a drepressing radio story that song intros are now an avarage of 3 seconds.

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name. When this was released in 91 I was on holiday in Tenerife and there were loads of Hard Rock Cafes where this played constantly. The place would go wild and those places were perfect for meeting rock chicks. I found the campaign to get it to number 1 a few years ago slightly ironic though.

Pearl Jam - Alive. I wasn't in to the band much but can't resist singing along to the chorus.

I can't think of any GNR videos I like but Patience is probably my favourite. I'm not a fan of November Rain, Sweet Child O Mine or You Could Be Mine which seem to be the most popular ones but Don't Cry is ok because I like the song and the video features Shannon Hoon from Blind Melon singing alongside Axl during the rooftop scenes. Shannon and Axl grew up together in the same Indiana town and were close friends.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit. I went through a phase of being obsessed with the Nevermind album.

Something less intense but still with killer guitars is Bare Naked Ladies - One Week. I tried learning it for karaoke

Whetus - Teenage Dirtbag. What I would like to do with Mena Suvari is unprintable.

My favorite band of all time, although most people have never heard of them. The various members have played or recorded with most of the bands already mentioned in this thread.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 17th December 2017, 12:17 AM

The Avalanches - 'Frontier Psychiatrist

:D That was Fabulous, although the music on some of the others is a bit dodgy.

This one is sooooo funny, it builds nicely to a big pay off.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th December 2017, 3:52 PM

Same here :) It was seeing the video on Raw Power that got me interested as well because it was like a film trailer and has an unusual intro with the long vocal harmonies. Similar to Livin' On The Edge which...

Yes, I loved Livin' On The Edge as well. I was an easily impressed teen in the early to mid 90s and so to me they were the coolest band in the world, I preferred them even to Guns 'n' Roses, and Steven Tyler was the ultimate rock star. But he quickly turned into a self-parody and their music became a bit boring with all the power ballads so I lost interest in them a bit, I discovered grunge and trip hop instead! Their back catalogue from the 70s is top notch stuff though. Speaking of parodies, this has to be my favourite scene from the sitcom Full House:

:D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th December 2017, 10:37 AM

Took me ages to work out what "Veras" were at the time. Cool

One of the best acts of the 90s!

In another life I'm a music video director. I love them and the weirder the better.

I used to spend hours watching MTV2.