Status report Page 5,995

Quote: Lee @ 10th December 2017, 11:11 PM

I was going to attempt a full nelson on the active threads page but I just don't have the energy for such things anymore.

Sleepy

You'd be banned!

You can't ban a banner!

After a false start in 2015 I've decided to Go Dry in January.

Wish me luck!

Quote: Chappers @ 30th December 2017, 8:12 PM

Same here, from now on only dry Martinis and dry Sherries for me!
;)

Seriously, good luck!

Haven't had a drink (alcohol, before Chappers comes out with a corny pun) for over three years - don't miss it at all. Angelic

Me? Corny pun? I think you're mistaking me for somebody else.

Long time no see.
Happy New Year Everyone.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th December 2017, 8:12 PM

Wish me luck!

Chappers there's no shame to incontinence pads. I know you hanker after that electric blanket, but with your condition you are just dicing with death. But good luck and happy new year. Wave

Happy New Year...

Phil Taylor's final dart game today. What a shocker of a tournament lots of upsets. I think Taylor, will win. He's playing Rob Cross.

I have a nice collection of Vinyl LPs from the 70s & 80s and am setting about transcribing them into computer form.

It's an fffing lot of work !!

Quote: billwill @ 7th January 2018, 11:36 PM

I have a nice collection of Vinyl LPs from the 70s & 80s and am setting about transcribing them into computer form.

It's an fffing lot of work !!

And what do you propose to do with the vinyl afterwards? Is it yours or are you doing it for someone else?

Wasn't there something really satisfying about playing a record.
Getting it out of its sleeve by the edges, gently placing it on the turntable.
Blowing the fluff off the needle and guiding it gently on to the record.

And reading the sleeve notes, as you sat there waiting for the first "click" that you know is coming up mid way through track 1. Unimpressed

Quote: Chappers @ 8th January 2018, 10:56 PM

And what do you propose to do with the vinyl afterwards? Is it yours or are you doing it for someone else?

The vinyls are mine and I intend to keep them to give a smidgeon of legality to violating the letter of the copyright law by copying them.