Cats!!!!! Page 202

Awwwww, their tiny padded feets. Lovey

One for the ladies

http://www.boredpanda.com/cat-football-photoshop-challenge/

:D
The first few are excellent.

The mind boggles. :S

What next - mouse flavoured crisps to keep your pussy happy?

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd January 2008, 10:11 PM

I was wondering why you left your bathroom door unlocked whilst in the shower.

Hoping for a peeping Tom perhaps?

Why are some cats friendly to strangers but most keep a distance? I walk through a small housing estate every day which is full of cats and most steer clear when I walk past but recently there is one cat that bounds up to anyone walking past to be stroked. It might be a bit stupid because I saw it run up to a UPS van last week which could have been dangerous. If I had a cat I would prefer it didn't approach strangers because of all the sicko c**** out there.

They just have different personalities, like people.
Next cat I get is going to be an indoor one. People are indeed arseholes (as are dogs and cars).

I have to admit it makes me smile the way it jumps over like it's on springs and it has a bounce that makes me think it's young. The estate would be perfect to install cat cams in all the gardens like a domestic version of Big Cat Live week which was gripping viewing in 2008.

Is it possible to train cats to do dog things like 'give me your paw' and 'lie down'? Are they like dogs and will do most things for tasty rewards or is it just not in the mindset of a feline to be even remotely obedient?

You can train some cats to do some things for treats. But I think most cats just can't be bothered!

I've seen a few that will play fetch - but I think they just do that because they find it fun, rather than because they were trained.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th December 2017, 1:03 AM

Is it possible to train cats to do dog things like 'give me your paw' and 'lie down'? Are they like dogs and will do most things for tasty rewards or is it just not in the mindset of a feline to be even remotely obedient?

I don't think theres any point people comparing cats to dogs Tarby, only thing they have in common is they are the most popular pets. Cats are a lot more subtle in their behaviour if you do want to compare, and they are all different! They are not obedient but that doesn't mean they are badly behaved, they just do their own thing. Mine loves being petted, and is predictable in his behaviour but now and then his routine goes skewiff, like when it just snowed and he wouldn't go out in it but the next day, when he had acclimatised, was out for hours on end!
Are you still considering adopting Tarby?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 13th December 2017, 9:14 PM

I don't think theres any point people comparing cats to dogs Tarby, only thing they have in common is they are the most popular pets. Cats are a lot more subtle in their behaviour if you do want to compare, and they are all different! They are not obedient but that doesn't mean they are badly behaved, they just do their own thing. Mine loves being petted, and is predictable in his behaviour but now and then his routine goes skewiff, like when it just snowed and he wouldn't go out in it but the next day, when he had acclimatised, was out for hours on end!
Are you still considering adopting Tarby?

My dog didn't like the snow and would only go outside when absolutely necessary. I don't think she liked her feet getting cold. I'm still eager to get a cat but am planning on moving so am going to wait until I've done that and will try to find somewhere a bit more pet friendly. Can cats be trusted around other pets if they are introduced and supervised properly? I don't have any pets but am curious because I used to have a rottie that got a new friend when we took our next door neighbours rabbit and they would play together but I'm not sure if a cat could be like that.

A full story about a cat in one picture.

:D

Depends what animal, and all cats are different. Just don't put it in a room with a dog. :(