Dating sites Page 63

A couple of years ago two of my friends, one male, one female, ended up single following the conclusion of their respective long-term relationships. The guy seemingly thrived on Match.com, but the girl only met unpleasant, albeit rich, men. I wonder why this was? Do women have higher expectations or are the men less fussy?

Quote: Nogget @ 9th October 2009, 2:18 AM

Has anyone tried dating websites? What's your experience of them?

Mostly divorced, bitter people who hate the opposite sex.

Surely sites are passe now, no? Isn't it all done on apps now?

No. Not for the older generation now.

I met my latest girlfriend online and have been seeing each other for eighteen months or so.

I'm not bitter and have met some lovely women.

It's when they ask for the fifty quid after I don't like.

That's cheap!

Quote: Kenneth @ 2nd December 2017, 2:35 AM

Surely sites are passe now, no? Isn't it all done on apps now?

Bloody 'ell :( I must be getting old then.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd December 2017, 4:37 PM

I'm not bitter and have met some lovely women.

I was a member of a Dating Site that had Forums and trust me they were all full of resentment against their ex's. Could not find it in their hearts to open themselves and let someone new into their lives. It was almost as if they had been traumatized by marriage. Maybe they married the wrong person to begin with. Most of them suffered from Marriage PTSD.
Huh?

I definitely married the wrong woman but since then my two long-term relationships have been fantastic.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd December 2017, 10:31 PM

I definitely married the wrong woman but since then my two long-term relationships have been fantastic.

How dare you shove your sex life down my throat?

Kissing

Teary

:P

Quote: Kapow @ 3rd December 2017, 10:46 PM

How dare you shove your sex life down my throat?

Kissing

Teary

:P

Sorry. I didn't know you weren't ready.

Is 'Wedded Bliss' computer dating agency still going?

Did anyone join Friends Reunited in the days before facebook? Not a dating site as such but it lead to a lot of old flames finding each other and probably more than a few strained marriages. It was great for finding old school friends back then and served as a prequel for facebook because it made it easier to find each other. I miss the simplicity of social media back then.

I've considered joining a dating site but there are so many I don't know which one to choose and would probably do better if I went to the library and sat in the poetry section pretending to be engrossed for a few hours. Or a few hours perusing over the tool belts at B&Q.

You could try Plenty of Fish because it's free.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th December 2017, 9:24 PM

You could try Plenty of Fish because it's free.

But this is the one service where I would prefer to pay for it because when it's free there is usually a crippling catch/failure.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th December 2017, 1:35 AM

But this is the one service where I would prefer to pay for it because when it's free there is usually a crippling catch/failure.

I met my old lady there. You could have a point...