The Weather Page 182

Basel today, most of the snow already gone, only some left on the roofs:

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th December 2017, 9:47 AM

Drunk again. ;)

Hmm, the picture is upside down on my smart phone and I don't know why. Are you referring to this?
Strangely enough on my I-pad everything looks alright.
:S

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th December 2017, 12:40 PM

Hmm, the picture is upside down on my smart phone and I don't know why. Are you referring to this?

:P

Cafe Spitz doesn't sound very hygienic.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th December 2017, 12:40 PM

Er yes, that's why I quoted it in case you corrected it you naughty Swiss person. :D

Quote: beaky @ 9th December 2017, 3:05 PM

Yes, and you have to make sure you tell them to "hold the relish" when you order the house special Spitzinburger.

Quote: Kapow @ 9th December 2017, 2:22 PM

:P

Possible...OR: it's Hercules who hacked into the system and fiddled with the picture just to annoy me. He's that mad. Arr!

Quote: beaky @ 9th December 2017, 3:05 PM

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th December 2017, 4:06 PM

Yes, and you have to make sure you tell them to "hold the relish" when you order the house special Spitzinburger.

And be careful with the asparagus creme soup. Don't let the waiter with nosebleed fool you into believing it's tomato soup. Tomato soup is more expensive.

Woke up in North London to snow nearly all day until I returned home to Surrey this afternoon where it was just bloody freezing.

News this morning says 100's of schools still closed due to freezing conditions and snow!

Now, if it was 20ft drifts with more to come and impassable roads I'd understand but it's very cold and slippy with a small amount of snow in places.
Are we really turning into America with their litigious culture where a child might fall on ice and sue the school for not clearing it?
I walked 3 miles to school no matter what was out there and wet socks and shoes were put on a radiator for the morning.
I can only remember once not going because of snow and it was waist deep.

Ah yes, a steaming cloud hovered over the classroom coal stove with all the socks, scarves, gloves and balaclavas drying off on the huge fire guard

cold, cold and very cold.

Freezing.
I nearly slipped over six times on the way to the office.
And I work from home

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th December 2017, 10:43 AM

Freezing.
I nearly slipped over six times on the way to the office.
And I work from home

Thrumpppp - Tishhhhhhhhhhh................. I thangyow. Now you take my wife............................

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th December 2017, 8:14 AM

News this morning says 100's of schools still closed due to freezing conditions and snow!

Now, if it was 20ft drifts with more to come and impassable roads I'd understand but it's very cold and slippy with a small amount of snow in places.
Are we really turning into America with their litigious culture where a child might fall on ice and sue the school for not clearing it?
I walked 3 miles to school no matter what was out there and wet socks and shoes were put on a radiator for the morning.
I can only remember once not going because of snow and it was waist deep.

With all due respect, people complain about younger generations being weak but one has to remember who raised them.
Selfish people who work all day in order to earn more money to expend in material goods. Children raised by the television set, learning their values from The Kardashians.

Also I noticed some people having children at a very high age. They can't say no to the little critters and as a consecuence they rule the household.

We have now all these anti bullying propaganda, when in reality a bit of bullying builds character. It pushes you to either face your bully or retreat.

Take a look at the madness going on with the abuse cases in Hollywood. They waited 20 years to speak out and they are called heroes now? Are you kidding me? They sold sex for a career, how are they exactly victims. The only real victims here are the ones who refused to play along and gave up on any hope of becoming famous. People who had the integrity to say no are the ones to be admired, not the other way around.
Now we live in a society where men are not men and women are more manly than men, feminism is like a desease. How many bachelors are afraid to even speak to a woman in case they get labeled as perverts or worse.
You could even be accussed with sexual misconduct if you dared suggesting kids took their shoes and socks off in the classroom.
What a sick world we live in.
Sick

Some true points there lass.
I read that Trump is over-ruled on trans-sexuals joining the forces.
It's always the minority ruling the majority.
I remember the program MASH where one character always wore a dress to be dismissed from the army.

I wrote on here before that my local council closed all public toilets due to cutbacks but spent thousands on building a trans-sexual toilet so only they could have a piss.