What are some of your best chat up lines?

And how often do you use them to attract the opposite sex?

Do you use humour as an ice breaker?

Do you make an effort to sound indifferent and let them come to you?

Kissing

I learnt all my 'chatting up the ladies' techniques from shows like The Young Ones and Bottom so I've had very little success with it.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th December 2017, 8:34 PM

I learnt all my 'chatting up the ladies' techniques from shows like The Young Ones and Bottom so I've had very little success with it.

I can imagine that calling the girls 'fascists' wasn't very flattering.
:D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th December 2017, 8:34 PM

But you also got a useful advice: Always keep your mouth open when you're insulting a lady! That must have eased your pain.

Quote: Kapow @ 7th December 2017, 2:26 AM

Do you use humour as an ice breaker?

Do you make an effort to sound indifferent and let them come to you?

Kissing

Yes, both. And some other strategies. I don't really have a plan. Depends on how nervous I am at the moment.

Would you like to try an Australian kiss? It is just like a French kiss, but down under.

As students we met two ladies and leaving the pub there was a Porsche parked outside. Quick as you like my friend went up to open the door, turned and said "We too drunk to drive aren't we Firkin ?". They were so impressed. Later that night we were slow dancing to "Who's going to drive you home." by the Cars and she whispered "So who's going to drive YOU home ?" and I said "I think I'll get a taxi with mi mate." I was so naive. Rolling eyes

I like the one Rowland Rivron (what happened to him?) quoted, about when he was a naïve teenager and having a massage, the woman doing the business casually said to him in conversation "I also play the clarinet" and he said "Well that's a coincidence my Dad was in a band and he too played the clarinet"

It was only years later that he realised what she meant..................... >_<

What do you do, Kapow? Do you take them to the Big Apple?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th December 2017, 9:16 PM

Yes, both. And some other strategies. I don't really have a plan. Depends on how nervous I am at the moment.

Do the other strategies include the use of chloroform or rohypnol?
;)
(Just messin' with ya Mr Shumway!)

I know what you mean, nervousness can be tricky and embarrasing at times. I myself get quite shaky with people, usually they end up offering me a glass of water and asking me if I'm ok.
:(

Quote: Firkin @ 7th December 2017, 10:37 PM

Would you like to try an Australian kiss? It is just like a French kiss, but down under.

As students we met two ladies and leaving the pub there was a Porsche parked outside. Quick as you like my friend went up to open the door, turned and said "We too drunk to drive aren't we Firkin ?". They were so impressed. Later that night we were slow dancing to "Who's going to drive you home." by the Cars and she whispered "So who's going to drive YOU home ?" and I said "I think I'll get a taxi with mi mate." I was so naive. Rolling eyes

Naughty, very naughty indeed.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th December 2017, 11:52 PM

I like the one Rowland Rivron (what happened to him?) quoted, about when he was a naïve teenager and having a massage, the woman doing the business casually said to him in conversation "I also play the clarinet" and he said "Well that's a coincidence my Dad was in a band and he too played the clarinet"

It was only years later that he realised what she meant..................... >_<

I wonder though if being naive is something we should regret. In this day and age I welcome any innocence that comes my way. Maybe why I mostly enjoy the company of me dogs.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th December 2017, 2:43 PM

What do you do, Kapow? Do you take them to the Big Apple?

Excuse me?

Eh?

Rio de Janeiro? The Big Apple? Or Evita just a crispbread to you?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 9th December 2017, 2:56 PM

Rio de Janeiro? The Big Apple? Or Evita just a crispbread to you?

Sorry lub I don't quite ''get'' you. Why would you imply that I take dates to The Big Apple if I'm in South America not North America. Rio de Janeiro is in Brazil not Argentina. What are you on about?
Besides this is a thread about pick up lines not pick up locations.
Perhaps I misunderstood you.

Geek

If you've never seen Evita it means nothing. There was a song where Rio was called The Big Apple. Obviously you've never heard it being called that.

There are very few Argentinean references that Brits can use.

Quote: Kapow @ 9th December 2017, 3:23 PM

Sorry lub I don't quite ''get'' you. Why would you imply that I take dates to The Big Apple if I'm in South America not North America. Rio de Janeiro is in Brazil not Argentina. What are you on about?
Besides this is a thread about pick up lines not pick up locations.
Perhaps I misunderstood you.

Geek

lub :D Is Spanish your first language because your English is better than most people I know from Hackney which puts us to shame. I really wish I had learnt French and become fluent because of the way it rolls off the tongue and is like an aural pheromone. I would love to be able to speak Chinese and Russian as well but have left it a bit late to start. A few years ago I started doing 30 minutes French study every day but soon gave up.

This Herbert is yanking our chains. You've got more chance of finding a statue of Maggie Thatcher in Argentina than this serial time waster.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th December 2017, 9:37 PM

I would love to be able to speak Chinese and Russian as well but have left it a bit late to start.

It's never too late to start learning a foreign language. And it has never been easier. Keep the brain sharp, keep learning new things. Don't recede into the stale stupor of nostalgia. Learning the Cyrillic and Hanzi scripts is also fun.