The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 673

At the risk of inciting sexist comments.....

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=25b_1510417235

Yes!!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th November 2017, 6:53 PM

Yes!!

They may have to hit the proverbial barn door occasionally if they're to progress in Russia.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th November 2017, 6:53 PM

Yes!!

Typical..............a gentleman wouldn't exclaim like that after a dodgy result. Whistling nnocently

I'm just happy they made it in the end. These two matches were shit, there's no doubt about that. But they didn't qualify directly despite getting 27 points in the group phase. That was odd enough. But definitely missing the World Cup would have been really tragic. So I'm very relieved.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th November 2017, 11:17 PM

Typical..............a gentleman wouldn't exclaim like that after a dodgy result. Whistling nnocently

Arr! How dare you accusing me of having a questionable character and no manners?! Oi'm the greatest gentleman the world has ever seen, you horrible, ugly scumbag! Arr, Jim lad, ha-haaa!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 13th November 2017, 12:52 PM

Arr! How dare you accusing me of having a questionable character and no manners?! Oi'm the greatest gentleman the world has ever seen, you horrible, ugly scumbag! Arr, Jim lad, ha-haaa!

Oooh Arrr. We be asailin' on th' mornin' toide me 'earties. Avast behind !! Oi'l be givin' 'e the black spot so Oi will. Pirate

Ha!

I bet Chappers would love to buy the Basel players some drinks! :D

I think we should hire these boys at Huddersfield's next game....

Laughing out loud Love it! But where is it from? And why/who?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th December 2017, 9:22 AM

Laughing out loud Love it! But where is it from? And why/who?

The fans of FC Magdeburg (a Regionalliga/League 4 team). Why? Because their team hadn't scored in a while so the fans were only showing them the exact spot to shoot at. :D
And you say Germans have no sense of humour...

Lots of men running after one ball. Ridiculous game if you ask me. However if they are going to use the same shorty shorts they did in the 70's, exposing their sexy legs, I might watch it.

Lovey

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th December 2017, 10:01 AM

The fans of FC Magdeburg (a Regionalliga/League 4 team). Why? Because their team hadn't scored in a while so the fans were only showing them the exact spot to shoot at. :D
And you say Germans have no sense of humour...

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud Brilliant!

I know it's a myth about Germans not having a sense of humour.
Over the years I have met quite a few with my job - both here and in Germany.

Their humour is not obvious, it's subtle and could easily be confused for ignorance or abruptness.

In Germany once, I had to turn the power off which would affect the people in the office next door.
They were nothing to do with who I was working for - so I went round and explained the power would be off for half an hour.
He said OK.... and I turned it off.

When we had done what we needed to, it was lunch time, so we went for something to eat.
I had forgotten to restore the power.

As I was walking back, I saw the guy waiting for me.
He said 'You know Mr English man, In Germany half an hour is 30 minutes (That could be misconstrued)
I said I was sorry, I had forgotten, I will turn it back on.

I didn't know he was following right behind me to make sure I did
I turned the isolator back on and said in a German accent ' zere you go Fritz'
Then I heard him say 'thank you Tommy'

So that beggars the question - do they not have electricians in Germany?.......................Oh no wait, that's right they only have gas engineers. >_< Whistling nnocently

So Chappers me old fruit, how's it goin' at The Baggies?