Not Going Out - Series 9 Page 2

Good afternoon all. I am new to this website, in fact, I am new to NGO in general having only discovered it three weeks ago... mental, I know. I have to say I love the show! I have tickets to one of the live studio audiences in January and cannot wait! anybody who has been before what are they like?

Also has anybody heard if there will be a Christmas special this year yet? I cannot seem to find any concrete answers despite recordings taking place for 8 episodes for series 8...

I've been before and you can expect a 30 minute sitcom to take about 3 hours to record.

Note the previous warnings about getting there early.

Brilliant! thank you for letting me know! I do plan on getting to the studios a lot earlier to try and ensure me and my fiancé get a seat. We are travelling down from Manchester to Pinewood Studios so I will be setting off early and making a long weekend of it.

Would you say a couple of hours before would be enough or do you think longer?

Can't say for sue although it should be OK. Are you going on a weekday or a weekend?

January 12th which is a Friday...

I would think 2 hours is early enough. Weekends may need more time.

Anyone been to the filming of the new series? Love to know your opinions on series 9 so far

Yes, I went to the first episode last week. It's looking great. :)

Any idea on when the Christmas Special and series 9 is to air? I notice Dave are starting to show series 8 from next week.

Quote: Aaron @ 1st December 2017, 6:55 PM

Yes, I went to the first episode last week. It's looking great. :)

How long did the recording take?

As mentioned earlier I got left out of a read through recently but got a priority email guaranteeing me entry to a recording. I may run out of a time though because I haven't selected a date.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd December 2017, 4:40 PM

How long did the recording take?

I think we were out around 9:40, although Lee said it was the one with least studio scenes in the series.

Were you waiting outside (before the show) for long? If so then, was there anything to do or refreshments etc?

Quote: MarieJade @ 3rd December 2017, 5:34 PM

Were you waiting outside (before the show) for long? If so then, was there anything to do or refreshments etc?

I'm afraid I had special tickets and was able to arrive more or less at the last minute, so can't comment on timing. I believe doors opened at 6pm: once past security and inside the waiting area there are a selection of (free?) drinks available, but no, nothing to do or anywhere to be refreshed before that. You just wait. And hope it's not too cold.

Aaron is a special case!

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd December 2017, 5:31 PM

I think we were out around 9:40, although Lee said it was the one with least studio scenes in the series.

(CLUNK!)

:P