I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,967

If someone wants to kill they do not need a gun. They can kill you using other things. A knife, a car.

Americans probably have it too easy when it comes to obtaining the firearm. But guns themselves aren't the problem. People and their lack of education, mental health problems is.

You can give a gun to your child. Teach him/her how to clean it. How to put it apart, how to put it together. If he respects and undertands the power and capacity of damage it has the danger goes way down.

Acidental shooting would not happen if people knew how to use the weapon properly.

I used to be in favour of Donald Trump. New ideas, new thinking, successful businessman etc.
But the doddering old twat seems to get worse by the week.

He would be funny if he wasn't so dangerous.

Hasn't anybody got the bollocks to tell him to stop tweeting - he is clearly an idiot.
As the old saying goes - better for people to think you are a fool than open your mouth and prove it.

This could all turn right nasty, right quick.

Rest in peace, Jim Nabors. Not sure if The Andy Griffith Show and/or Gomer Pyle were ever shown in the UK, but his was one of the best characters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jim-nabors-dead-gomer-pyle-andy-griffith-show-star-was-87-1008103

Submarine still missing :(

Sorry but it's gone. There is no physical way for a non nuclear sub to survive that long under water, as it's designed to surface regularly for air supply. The Nazi regime term U Boat summed up what it is, essentially a surface going boat which can dive under water for a few hours if it has to. Very sad. :(

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th November 2017, 9:48 PM

Sorry but it's gone. There is no physical way for a non nuclear sub to survive that long under water, as it's designed to surface regularly for air supply.

Yeah, very sad. My condolences to their families. :(

Submarines are such fragile vessels. The sea is always trying to crush the life out of them while they're submerged, and sometimes the sea wins. Remember the Kursk? All hands were lost in water only 100 meters deep, but if you'd been able to stand it on end on the seafloor 50 meters would have been above the surface.

Quote: DaButt @ 30th November 2017, 6:16 PM

Rest in peace, Jim Nabors.

Did he make a soap in Australia?

(In other words I've never heard of him).

Quote: Kapow @ 30th November 2017, 7:46 PM

Submarine still missing :(

I thought there'd been an explosion and everyone assumed it had blown up.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th November 2017, 11:21 PM

Did he make a soap in Australia?

No, you're thinking of Jim Robinson. Nabors was the guy who replaced Sid James in Carry On Up That Camel, causing some resentment as he received a higher paycheck than other leading cast members.

? I'm assuming a jokey poor man's Phil Silvers reference. The Carry On lot moaned about pay all the time but still took the roles, which tells you a lot about their real star status and worth in the film world. I wonder how much Sid James would've got for playing Bilko?

Up That Camel was a miss for filmic and script reasons and not the star casting, imo. Not a waste of time filming either because I believe the writer and director developed certain bits from it to make the much better Up The Khyber.

Sid James was in the original Star Wars as Chewbacca's voice but was later dropped

Not as good as Kenny Williams doing Darth Vader:

Bit of a buggy link - 10 seconds in it re-directed to me to some fake raffle site.
Might be me - might be the link.
The first ten seconds were funny though !

It played the full video for me Lazzard - with no redirect.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st December 2017, 12:16 PM

Bit of a buggy link - 10 seconds in it re-directed to me to some fake raffle site.
Might be me - might be the link.
The first ten seconds were funny though !

Do you not use ad-blocking extensions on your web browser? Adblock Plus is best, I think.

Quote: Kenneth @ 1st December 2017, 1:53 PM

Do you not use ad-blocking extensions on your web browser? Adblock Plus is best, I think.

I'm on a Mac - it's normally not a problem.
I'll give it a scan, see if I've picked something up.