Sitcom writer required Page 3

Quote: funnycom @ 23rd November 2017, 8:05 PM

Hi Paul

Its just a bit of banter. I guess you are never too old! I am early 40s.
Although I think certain older writers might struggle with dialogue for an Inbetweeners, Man Down, Drifters style of script. I worked with a guy for a short period who had previously written on the BBC, but I just didn't get his style. Although a fantastic writer, his jokes and ideas just weren't up to scratch anymore. Dated...

All i can say about my sitcom is that it brings back the feel good factor and that is definitely something needed in the world today. Amen...

You can't go wrong with university students so good luck with that and glad to hear you're in better health. I have to admit I was like everyone else and was starting to think you were a bot or scammer or something similar :D Put up posters in places like the media studies and performing arts buildings because some of those guys will be creative writers. Do you have a contract or some kind of confidentiality agreement that people must sign before you share your work with them?

Quote: beaky @ 23rd November 2017, 8:26 PM

I wish you well with it, funnycom, and am delighted you didn't flounce off in a huff (two marvellous words there!) as I feared you would. Always fun to have a good scrap.

Flounce off in a huff lol
Definitely not in my vocabulary, but i like it, not a lot, but i like it :)

There's never a ComedyWriterDude around when you need one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd November 2017, 11:15 PM

There's never a ComedyWriterDude around when you need one.

Looks like he went a step too far and got the boot but it was always going to happen.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 24th November 2017, 6:51 PM

Looks like he went a step too far and got the boot but it was always going to happen.

WTF? Is this a group to support writers or just a forum for curtain twitchers and gossips?

Quote: funnycom @ 24th November 2017, 7:31 PM

WTF? Is this a group to support writers or just a forum for curtain twitchers and gossips?

I'm not a curtain twitcher or a gossip and I suspect you don't know who/what I was referring to because you only post here asking for sitcom writers every few months before disappearing. You can't contribute zero to a forum and expect to be inundated with [positive] responses.

He wasn't that good a writer, fc.

Not much of a speller either.