What are you listening to now? Page 1,288

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th November 2017, 8:56 AM

Most principled band ever has to be the Pet Shop Boys. Spend six months in a studio with Patsy Kensit and they're still gay afterwards. Respect!

Sick That would have turned me gay.
Hard Nose The Highway and Tupelo Honey, the latter being the best country rock soul album ever recorded imo. Straight to your heart like a cannonball...wonderful bedtime lilt.

Public Image Limited, 'Public Image Limited'.
I'm probably in the minority but I don't think PIL ever made a bad album. The first three are the classics, but Album and ThatWhatIsNot kick serious butt, Happy and even the much-maligned This Is What You Want carry a coupla craking singles on board, 9 mingles Lydon's sneer with Stephen Hague's polish and works, and the latest two (This is PIL and WhatTheWorldNeedsNow) have more attitude and creativity than guys a third Johnny's age. Truly awesome.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th November 2017, 7:08 PM

I'm probably in the minority but I don't think PIL ever made a bad album. The first three are the classics, but Album and ThatWhatIsNot kick serious butt, Happy and even the much-maligned This Is What You Want carry a coupla craking singles on board, 9 mingles Lydon's sneer with Stephen Hague's polish and works, and the latest two (This is PIL and WhatTheWorldNeedsNow) have more attitude and creativity than guys a third Johnny's age. Truly awesome.

What about Metal Box?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th November 2017, 7:08 PM

I'm probably in the minority but I don't think PIL ever made a bad album.

I agree, just. Even their most recent album, What the World Needs Now..., was pretty good, though the first track on it is possibly the most horrific song on which I've ever heard Lydon sing. If you don't believe me...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99BQNRU8BMI. Buyer beware.

The rest of the album's decent, but my God he deserves a shoeing for that song.

Yep, PIL are great...the debut album is a kickass rock album!! Still have to get the last two albums.

Aqualung by Jethro Tull.

Another one of those albums I knew about at the time but never owned or heard in its entirety until now.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th November 2017, 11:53 PM

What about Metal Box?

Included in the first three!

Cos I Luv You by Slade on Sladest. Another new one to my collection having never owned a Slade album before.

Quote: Cid @ 16th November 2017, 11:30 AM

What the World Needs Now..., was pretty good, though the first track on it is possibly the most horrific song on which I've ever heard Lydon sing. he deserves a shoeing for that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z0QUygjr2w It's an awesome return to his punk past.
His worst song is possibly The Animal Speaks with Golden Palaminos, but the solo album Psycho's Path was fairly mediocre by his standards.

People always go on about how Paul McCartney made his first album all on his own. Sure he did. But the album is total and utter f**king shit. ANYONE can do an album all on their own and make a total and utter fuking shit one. I could, Baby Spice could, Ringo Starr could. F**k you, Paul. This is the new Let It Be, is it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05xtvT7PLto

Just rewatched Prince's 'Get Off' vid and I actually feel sorry for the guy. You really need so much to obtain just one orgasm? 346 hornsome babes, 66545 candle-lit strippers boozing to get 'all wet and slide', 64347654328 dubious guitar-lickin' stripper/whore/tranny smoking/drinking/orgying models - for that three-second jizz spurt? Man, are you hard to please. Give me a Spice Girls DVD and a packet of Kleenex and I'm fine. Simple pleasures.

Radio 2 played this while I was doing the washing up tonight and it made me feel old and young at the same time. I hadn't heard it since the 80s.

Will Powers - Kissing With Confidence

Paul Jones' Blues programme on Radio 2. I used to listen to this regularly but only got back to it a couple of weeks ago.

Listening to the Nige on LBC radio is quite entertaining sometimes...

Court of the Crimson King by Asia. I bought a live album of theirs online which I never knew existed.

Despite my lengthy discussions on facebook about the two versions of Yes and the fact that it is their 50th anniversary next year and they're touring without Jon Anderson, John Wetton did a great job at Roundabout. Asia songs plus Yes, King Crimson. ELP etc. Good album. Must've been a great show.