The Rebel - Series 2

I watched the first episode of the new series last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Simon Callow underplays Henry so well, allowing you to feel his frustrations and really engage with him (as opposed to just laughing at displays of outwards frustration in characters such as Victor Meldrew or Fawlty). Well done Beaky.

Many thanks, Will! So glad you enjoyed it.

I'm sure I would enjoy it too, if I could see it. :(

Congrats beaky. :)

Yes, that's the main drawback...

Hmmm...........just checked again to make sure, via the UK TV link on The Rebel BCG page and it shows amongst others, Zapped, Dave Gorman and Red Dwarf, all of which I watch, so now I am totally confused. :S

But not The Rebel?

On the UKTV website they only tend to put shows that are on their free to air channels on there, so mainly Dave shows. For Gold on demand you need to have a service that already shows that channel, so Sky, Virgin or Now TV.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2017, 9:48 AM

Congrats beaky. :)

I was going to say you could come round and watch through my window but you'd be breaching your court order.:D

Quote: beaky @ 10th November 2017, 9:41 AM

Many thanks, Will! So glad you enjoyed it.

I did Beaky, particularly now I know that not any old riff-raff can watch it:P

I watched the first episode early on demand on Monday night, I loved it. So glad this series is finally back on TV. Callow, Pattison and Dobson are excellent in this.

Well done beaky, I cannot wait for the next five episodes. Please tell me the series will be released onto DVD in the new year?

Thanks Greg! We had so many difficulties with the series, I just hope the other episodes are up to scratch. I don't know about DVD, that'd be great, but the market for them is shrinking fast...

Quote: Will Cam @ 10th November 2017, 7:35 PM

I was going to say you could come round and watch through my window but you'd be breaching your court order.:D

I did Beaky, particularly now I know that not any old riff-raff can watch it:P

Oi! I heard that.

Quote: G180e @ 10th November 2017, 8:50 PM

Well done beaky, I cannot wait for the next five episodes. Please tell me the series will be released onto DVD in the new year?

You Tube would be nice. :P

Just watched the first episode. Thought it was more confident than the first series. Callow's character in particular felt much more rounded. Looking forward to the rest of the series

Quote: snrub @ 10th November 2017, 11:59 AM

On the UKTV website they only tend to put shows that are on their free to air channels on there, so mainly Dave shows. For Gold on demand you need to have a service that already shows that channel, so Sky, Virgin or Now TV.

Oh............:(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2017, 9:48 AM

These days, just about any new show can be found on dodgy streaming sites; just make sure you've got AdBlock Plus going. Episode 1, Series 2, of The Rebel not hard to find. Highlight for me was a snippet of The Small Face's Lazy Sunday Afternoon being played, and the other music, plus the fleeting glimpse of board games in the charity shop. Banter with real estate agents and bankers also good.

Aaron, someone is breaking the conditions of the site! Angelic

Congrats, Beaks. However I get to see it.

Quote: beaky @ 10th November 2017, 9:27 PM

We had so many difficulties with the series

Aside from the achingly obvious cast availability issue, it doesn't show!

Less said about the green screen/CGI in Episode 2 the better, mind. ;)