Book and DVD sleeve errors Page 2

He's wearing jeans for Christ's sake.......excellent review.

In Graham McCann's Still Open All Hours book of 2014, the caption for the photo of Barker, Jason and Baron opposite page 180 claims it's a location shot. I think it looks more like the painted backdrop that was used in the studio...?

Very well spotted, John! That is definitely a painted backdrop. Not completely unknown for them to be used on location to hide/disguise something, but very likely a misattributed photo indeed.

Quote: Aaron @ 11th November 2017, 8:01 PM

Not completely unknown for them to be used on location to hide/disguise something

I didn't realise that Aaron.

Has anyone else noticed a handful of errors in the Rab C. Nesbitt section of Gregor Fisher's memoir?

Who is Nick Hopkin, provider of the grammatically imperfect precis of Fawlty Towers?

More interesting is the back cover:

I actually laughed out loud at that. It'd fool many a casual viewer though.

Doctor Who Christmas special, nominated for two Academy Awards.

As much as it is a terrific page-turner and eye-opener, a couple of niggling little errors caught my eye on my last read through:

Page 264 - the pilot Christmas special is given as Rab C. Nesbitt's Christmas Greet, rather than Seasonal Greet

Page 266 - son Burney's name is given as Burnie

Apart from this I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I watched the DVD of Still Game - Series 7 for the first time last night. I don't know why, but my player put the subtitles on automatically and I was quite amused by them. I realise that DVD subtitles don't always give the dialogue word for word and tend to paraphrase, but I think it's highly probable that whoever wrote them for this SG release had trouble understanding the accents. In one episode, Navid's pronunciation of Winston is given as 'Vincent', and there are quite a few errors where Methadone Mick's vernacular is concerned.

I've been giving my Naked Video DVDs (of which, sadly, there are only three) an airing these last few weeks. I couldn't help but notice a couple of falsities on the covers.

Series 2 - It claims to feature Gregor Fisher's character of the OHBC newscaster, but he doesn't debut until the next series.

Series 3 - Regular suburbanites Bernard and Miriam (Gregor Fisher and Helen Lederer) are referred to as 'Bernard and Vivian'.

Also, evidently, archive pictures were low as only five different images are used throughout the 3 releases. Still, despite the gripes, and the likelihood of series 4 and 5 reaching DVD dwindling rapidly, it's a truly enjoyable show.

As I have been thoroughly enjoying my "The Army Game" box-set I thought I would buy the spin-off film "I Only Arsked" as I saw one going cheap on eBay.
Reverse of case notes states "Based on the hugely popular BBC sitcom of the 1950s"

DOH!! >_< We know The Beeb dominated comedy, but credit where credit is due!

Ha ha! Oh dear. I believe I have a copy of that somewhere. Will have to check and see what it says! I wonder about Inn For Trouble too...

Save you searching............................ :)

Thanks, interesting to see highlighted. I do wonder if there may be different copies/versions though. That might have been the first run of production, for example, and fixed on later issues.