Best Ever Christmas Movie...? Page 9

Quote: Griff @ December 15 2008, 4:53 PM GMT

I have a fundamental problem with It's A Wonderful Life.

When they show James Stewart how his little town would have been if he hadn't existed, it's suddenly full of nightclubs and bars and loose women and gambling and it just looks f**king fantastic. From that point on, you want him to jump.

Not every one wants to live in Reading.

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ December 16 2008, 3:27 AM GMT

Alistair Sim

Class actor. Great in The Green Man.

I just re watched A Christmas Story while at school and I'd have to say this to me is the best Christmas movie ever.

I watched Miracle On 34th Street with my little cousin about an hour ago. I feel dirty now.

Quote: Ned1984 @ December 17 2008, 8:28 PM GMT

I watched Miracle On 34th Street with my little cousin about an hour ago. I feel dirty now.

Console It's only dirty if you masturbate WHILE watching it silly.

Quote: roscoff @ December 17 2008, 8:50 PM GMT

Console It's only dirty if you masturbate WHILE watching it silly.

Ah, well that's ok then. Going to feel a bit awkward next time I watch Shrek though.

Just watching 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Great film.

Quote: Will Cam @ 10th November 2017, 7:49 PM

Just watching 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Great film.

Very nice film and the first time I saw that it was in yellow. My sister had just seen it and insisted the family watched it on a Christmas day afternoon but the DVD player wasn't working properly and played DVDs with a strong shade of yellow. Everyone was moaning about it but after 20 minutes we got used to it and immersed in the storyline.

I love Trading Places because it's a christmas film but can also be watched all year round, it has one of the best opening sequences and I love Denholm Elliott. My favourite has to be National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation though. I was planning on the start of the festive viewing tomorrow but might have to bring it forward.

Spiceworld.

Quote: Little Jersey Devil @ 16th December 2008, 8:27 AM

-A Christmas Carol- with Alistair Sim

Agree, but why anyone (Yanks) would want to colourise it is beyond me as it loses all its spookiness.

Same with L&H - leave them alone you f**king twats!!

Sleepless in Seattle (indulge me...)

But the real feel good winner has to be...It's A Wonderful Life.

One of the most touching Christmas film moments is the scene in the remake of Miracle On 34th Street when Father Christmas meets a little deaf girl at his grotto and her mother says he doesn't have to talk to her she just wanted to meet him and he then has a conversation using sign language. Gives me a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

Another one is the scene in National Lampoon when Griswold gets trapped in the attic and while looking for clothes to keep warm he finds home christmas videos from when he was a boy.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 12th November 2017, 7:13 PM

Sleepless in Seattle (indulge me...)

Yes! (And You've Got Mail.)
Also Home Alone, Elf, and Scrooged.

I kind of hate White Christmas, because while it might be a decent film there is NOTHING Christmassy in the whole thing until about the last 2 minutes. False advertising.

Quote: zooo @ 15th November 2017, 9:43 PM

Also Home Alone, Elf, and Scrooged.

I kind of hate White Christmas, because while it might be a decent film there is NOTHING Christmassy in the whole thing until about the last 2 minutes. False advertising.

Snow-flake news>_< I'll get me coat.....

Quote: zooo @ 15th November 2017, 9:43 PM

I watched that a couple of weeks ago, those two as a leading couple were MFEO (hee...)

Wizard of Oz, Scrooge (with Michael Caine) . Another sort of Christmassy film I like a lot is Falling in Love with De Niro and Streep, it starts and ends at Christmas time in New York, all roasted chestnuts and tinsel covered bookshops.