Motherland

I really enjoyed that and laughed heartily. It reminded me of the bad, sad days of the National Childbirth Trust (NCT), a group of worthy parents whom I parted company with when one of their charming offspring tried to push my son through a plate glass window.

The writing, performances and the tone was great. Here's hoping for a full series.

I don't have kids, but that's just how horrific I imagine it to be. Found it really funny.
Sharon Horgan and Graham Linehan can do no wrong!

Good combination of writers although I think you could spot who wrote what.

This was a brilliant Pilot. I hope they make more.

I liked this definite scope for a series

How's everyone finding the series? I loved the first episode (party) and the swimming one the most. As a Dad of a young child I can totally relate to loads that's happening. There's a few plot issues I've noticed but mainly very enjoyable and funny. The cast are fantastic. Hopefully it will get another series at the least.

Have I missed an episode? I've only seen the first one, the party one. Loved it, very strong characters straight away. I particularly liked Anne (the put upon sheepish Irish mum) put on 'window duty' and Anna Maxwell Martin is very believable as the lead. Very funny bits all through this, the carrot recorder and racist children's entertainer etc etc. Looking forward to the next episode.

The pilot was the week before.

Loving this.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 13th November 2017, 7:56 PM

Have I missed an episode? I've only seen the first one, the party one. Loved it, very strong characters straight away. I particularly liked Anne (the put upon sheepish Irish mum) put on 'window duty' and Anna Maxwell Martin is very believable as the lead. Very funny bits all through this, the carrot recorder and racist children's entertainer etc etc. Looking forward to the next episode.

They are all on iPlayer now. I've binged them. The pilot was actually earlier on in the year. The first episode at the party was just the first episode of this series.

Been loving this, but then again would expect no less from the Horgan and Linehan et al, this week's was brilliant, can't bring myself to binge watch them though, the cringe factor is too high!

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 14th November 2017, 9:39 AM

The pilot was actually earlier on in the year.

First week of September last year!

As to Motherland: I like Diane Morgan a lot.

Am on to Episode 2 now. Very strong once again, I'm thinking that Anne is the new Mrs Doyle! and the stay at home dad reminds me in style of Reece Shearsmith, one to look out for I think. Agree, Diane Morgan is excellent.
I see it's all on iPlayer, don't know whether to binge or restrain myself now.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 17th November 2017, 10:59 AM

Am on to Episode 2 now. Very strong once again, I'm thinking that Anne is the new Mrs Doyle!

Yes! I love her, and Diane Morgan.
The stay at home dad is starting to get too annoying and ridiculous for me, though. Also the main character's completely absent husband is a total knob end, but he's supposed to be.

I'm not entirely sure if he's absent as in never home or they are apart? Was quite funny though when he said "I'm right behind you, whatever you want to do" etc and then sped off on his go-karting fun day.