Still Game Page 17

Hi everyone, I'm a big fan of Still Game and I have been from a young age. I adore the show, when it finished in 2007 for nine years I watched the DVDs all the time.. I never got fed up of the same episodes..but thats the beauty of Still Game!

I was delighted when the show came back in 2014 with Still Game live at the hydro in Glasgow, I was lucky enough to be invited backstage to meet the cast, I know the cast well now. it was last year when still game returned to the TV with series 7, I had the idea of creating a fan club for still game to allow fans keep updated with info and media relating to still game. The group is on Facebook.. here is the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/thestillgamefanclub/ feel free to join, currently at 313 members & its growing every day

Thanks
Bernie

Can someone please help me, I've been searching for an answer for hours. What brand is the port wine that Jack and Victor are drinking in season 2 episode 5 titled "Trappin"? I'd really like to find out to purchase some as a father's day gift for an avid fan :)

If that was a genuine brand I would be most surprised.

Quote: MissouriSunshine @ 11th May 2017, 1:53 AM

Can someone please help me, I've been searching for an answer for hours. What brand is the port wine that Jack and Victor are drinking in season 2 episode 5 titled "Trappin"? I'd really like to find out to purchase some as a father's day gift for an avid fan :)

Oporto Reserva.

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 18th May 2017, 12:57 AM

Oporto Reserva.

That's merely a generic name surely? Reserve Port or Port Reserve..................take yer pick.
;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th May 2017, 7:23 AM

That's merely a generic name surely? Reserve Port or Port Reserve..................take yer pick.
;)

I don't know much about Port, besides guzzling it down at Christmas.

I only know that Victor calls it that. But I take it, that wasn't what they were seeking?

I doubt it - looking for a brand I would think, not unless they thought what you quoted was a brand and are now looking for that specifically. Laughing out loud

Anybody heard anything on the series 8 air date? I know it's due sometime this month, just wondered if anyone knows the exact date?

Enjoyed season 7, well up to the standard ( hope there is an 8!) Probably my favourite of all time. ACE.

Predictable storylines.
1. Winston plagued by bad luck
2. Isa gets on everyones nerves
3. Boaby gets tons of abuse
4. Meena is heard but not seen
5. Jack and Victor compete
6. Tam is a tightwad
7. Naveed steals every scene hes in
In short-FANTASTIC and funny as hell

Apparently series 8 will now be aired on the Beeb in April.

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 4th February 2018, 4:47 PM

Apparently series 8 will now be aired on the Beeb in April.

As Naveed would no doubt say "QVALITY!"

Greg Hemphill has just tweeted that series 8 will begin on Thursday March 8th. Tell everyone before Isa does.

Ya dancer!

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ 15th February 2018, 11:50 AM

Greg Hemphill has just tweeted that series 8 will begin on Thursday March 8th. Tell everyone before Isa does.

Great news - can't wait.