When In Rome

Hi all, I found this place by accident really. I had visited BCG a few times before but wasn't aware there was a forum.

I like British classic comedies best, old and new, quite a fan of Count Arthur Strong.

To help me bed in, could someone tell me how to link images and video? I've made a few posts here already but in the reply box, there are none of the tools you would expect to see OR maybe you get to use them after you've made a specific number of contributions?

Someone will know, thanks in advance.

Use the Quote button, to reply to this post; go on, do it..... then you'll see the code.

Copy and paste the code, and stick the URL of the image between the code bits.

Quote: Nogget @ 2nd November 2017, 9:16 AM

Use the Quote button, to reply to this post; go on, do it..... then you'll see the code.

Copy and paste the code, and stick the URL of the image between the code bits.

Thanks, I can do this...

But what about Youtube and that - all the reply boxes ought to have font, colour, image, video etc no?

Quote: When In Rome @ 2nd November 2017, 3:59 PM

But what about Youtube and that - all the reply boxes ought to have font, colour, image, video etc no?

You can embed YouTube by just putting youtube=xyzzdt in brackets, where xyzzdt is the gobbledygook part of the YouTube link.

I believe the forum software was custom written by the admins, so they probably didn't feel that it was worth the extra work. Most people only use quotes, bold, italic, images and YouTube links and can figure out how to make them work without resorting to a GUI.

And for the love of all that is holy, please don't uglify the forums with hideous fonts. ;)

Haha I never use colours or change fonts, they are part of the general tools you find on forums in reply and quote and why I mentioned them.

The forum itself is well presented and has a nice feel to it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi, When In Rome, welcome :) Nice to meet another Beautiful South fan.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd November 2017, 4:41 PM

Hi, When In Rome, welcome :) Nice to meet another Beautiful South fan.

Just bought Munch for £3.99 at HMV, nice to see all the videos again, also I have every CD single and every studio album of theirs, some of course may not admit to liking them lol - almost a guilty pleasure?

... visit the Parthenon.