Dangerous fake email scams Page 26

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th September 2017, 4:09 PM

"Email Scams" sufficient.

Or we can just go with phishing. Not to be confused with smishing, vishing, pharming, whaling or spear fishing.

I guess I learned something in my security class after all...

A customer had one of their servers infected with ransomwear when an employee opened an attachment in an email even though she didn't know who the sender was. It seems that no matter how many times you tell people the do's and don'ts they don't listen and will happily open an attachment even when it's from an unknown sender, is clearly spam and the name of the attachment is just a series of numbers. It's not like it was going to be the winning lottery numbers or an undiscovered Shakespearean sonnet.

Quote: Kenneth @ 15th September 2017, 4:09 PM

The inherent tautology of this thread's title is mildly irksome. It's a double-negative. A fake scam = legit? If only people would label things properly. "Email Scams" sufficient.

OK:

Dangerous fake emails: scams

Loved the "brand new 2015/2016 Model BMW" in the email below...

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
5070 WILSHIRE BLVD
LOS ANGELES. CA 90036
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

NOTE: If you received this message in your SPAM/JUNK folder, that is
because of the restrictions implemented by your Internet Service
Provider, we (BMW) urge you to treat it genuinely.

Dear Winner ,

This is to inform you have been selected for a prize of a
brand new 2015/2016 Model BMW 7 Series Car and a Cheque of
$1,500,000.00 USD from the international balloting programs held on
the 2nd section in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.
Description of prize vehicle;
Model: 760Li Color (exterior): Metallic Silver Mileage: 5
Transmission: Automatic 6 Speed
Options: Cold weather package, premium package, fold down rear seats
w/ski bag, am fm stereo with single in dash compact disc player.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
computerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over
250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world
which you were selected.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also
licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators
(IAGR).To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our
fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures
to claim your prize.

Fiduciary Agent: Mr. Steve Mark
Contact Email: stevemark@bmwlottery.***

Contact him by providing him with your secret pin code Number
BMW:255175HGDY03/23.As the subject of your email for swift response

You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information
as soon as possible:

1. Name In Full :
2. Residential Address :
3. Nationality :
4. Age :
5. Sex
6. Occupation :
7. Direct Phone :
8. Present Country :
9. Email address :
10. pin code Number BMW:255175HGDY03/23

Note that you have to send email to Mr.Steve Mark .
You are to provide him with the above listed details as
soon as possible so he can begin with the processing of your prize
winnings.

Ms Englert.
---------------------
THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

I got some spam, 'Hi! I want to f**k you tonight.' I wrote back: 'Great! Get a taxi round, bring some beers and afterwards you pay me. Always happy to oblige' She hasn't answered yet - probably tracking me down on Googlemaps. I'll send her a reminder in a week.

Quote: playfull @ 26th October 2017, 11:17 AM

Loved the "brand new 2015/2016 Model BMW" in the email below...

They did a little research and got the address of the Beverly Hills BMW dealership correct, but no American would spell the word as 'cheque' and then there's the problem of having the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car...

Hi! I just got a spam Email and I'm not sure what to do as it may not be legit. Advice please.
'hi michele munkhus yu never hearda me or me of yu ande this isz in yer spambux but i hope you take it serius
pleased to sending 567076876875m87050 euroz to my email spam.spammerspamjip@co.aol.uk.spam ande i wiull send it back to yu with more euroz ass inbtersting
i will also introduse you to mel c or kameron diass
or if uyou is women i to georghe cloonie or brads pit
thank'
Help please.

Not a scam but an email that quickly took a turn for the worse.

A Chinese company emailed me trying to sell me some electronic parts that I might use in my business.
I do use them but I always use originals - not Chinese copies.
The parts are made by Siemens - and Siemens have a factory in China - but this was not from them.

I was getting a new email everyday from them in broken English listing all the parts they copy

I eventually politely answered saying I did not want to do any business with them.
They were obviously selling copies and I would buy what I needed from Siemens.
Please do not contact me again.

He did not like being told 'no'
I now received an email each day expressing his anger at being turned down

Haha! What splendid insults!

No way! I've never seen anything like that before. What a freak :D Your email client might have a blocked senders list you can add him to but it's probably a bit of entertainment to get a daily insult.

If this repository hasn't been linked before, it's well worth a read to learn just how gullible some of these scammers are:

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

I am sweaty arse crack shit. :D
My wife saw that one, she thought I might get murdered by the triads.

He must be asking English speakers what is the worst insult.

I suspect that they aren't intending to insult you at all but they have picked up a Chinese print of Monty Python's Hungarian Phrasebook.

Laughing out loud The Triads sending an email with the subject You are shit!!!! Bellend!!!! Maybe in an Adam Sandler film :D I should stress that I'm not being disrespectful to the Triads or anyone involved with them by stating that and am not looking for any trouble.

Hallo beste klant,

Helaas moeten we u meedelen dat uw account tijdelijk is opgeschort.
We schorten accounts meestal op wegens een of meer van de volgende redenen:
1- Het account is gebruikt vanop een ongewone locatie en apparaat (mobiel of computer).
2- Er waren vele mislukte pogingen om te betalen of geld over te boeken.
3- Gerapporteerde fraude door de accounthouder of verkopende partij.
De opschorting is een tijdelijke maatregel die we nemen om zowel onze klant als de verkoper tegen fraude te beschermen.
Dit is bedoeld om iedereen veilig te houden, totdat we het probleem met onze klant kunnen oplossen.
We moeten met u communiceren om dit probleem op te lossen. Er zijn twee manieren om dat te doen:
1- Bezoek het dichtstbijzijnde filiaal in uw omgeving met uw nationale identiteitskaart of paspoort.
2- U kunt het probleem ook onmiddellijk oplossen en uw account blijven gebruiken zoals gewoonlijk. In dit geval moeten we uw identiteit verifiëren tegenover de eerste geregistreerde informatie op het moment van registratie en de laatste betalingsgegevens.

* Om het probleem op te lossen en toegang tot uw account te krijgen klik a.u.b. hier.

-We hopen dat u begrijpt dat alles wat we gedaan hebben voor uw best en voor de veiligheid van uw account is.
-Antwoord a.u.b. niet op deze e-mail, omdat we u niet kunnen helpen, behalve dan op de bovenstaande manieren.
Met vriendelijke groet.

International Card Services B.V. [NL]

Met vriendelijke groet,