Absolutely Page 10

Is nobody else listening to this?

I'm surprised how well it works on the radio but knowing the characters you can imagine how it happens.

John Sparkes characters are my favourites after the little girl.

"Yes I do know what Trump is!"

Interestingly, they started on Radio: The Bodgers (four of them) and then Bodgers, Banks and Sparkes (I worked it out). There was some great Radio 4 comedy back then: Radio Active, In One Ear, The Cabaret Upstairs...

They're repeating series 1 of the Radio show starting on Thursday at 11pm on Radio 4.

Well worth a listen if you liked the TV show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b068sp4g

Great. Radio is so perfect for comedy.

I've had the DVD boxset for well over 46 years but only watched the extras DVD this week for the first time and it was briiillliaaaant. Oh sorry, wrong show.

I had no idea how they all started out so it was interesting to see the beginning when some of them formed The Bodgers and then Morwenna Banks and John Sparkes joined later on to make them billed as Bodgers, Banks and Sparkes before Absolutely was created. Some of the early routines they did were very polished such as the scene they do in reverse which is partly shown on the DVD.

When I return from a team building kayaking trip in Papua New Guinea with the lead architect team of the Pompidou Centre I'm going to start Absolutely from series one, episode the first and then watch the episodes in numerical order until I've watched the final episode and there are no more episodes to watch.