What DVD are you watching? Page 29

Girls on Top

Stone me its bloody appalling...

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy- the tv serial. So powerful. It blows the travesty of a movie version out of the water.

Watching Fresh Prince Of Bel Air box sets for the last week and this always feels like the right time of year to get them out. It reminds me of watching them in the 90s lay on the sofa in my school uniform and it has such a homely vibe. Will Smith is incredibly funny and I bet they had a blast making that show. I also like how they show outtakes and bloopers during the end credits of each episode in the later seasons.

Totally agree! Very comforting to watch. And still very funny.
I saw Geoffrey on the tube once, don't you know.

Quote: zooo @ 21st October 2017, 8:53 PM

I saw Geoffrey on the tube once, don't you know.

As in the music show? Was he all in leather like in the episode when he returns home after a weekend off and everyone is wondering what he's been doing :D

The exchanges between Will and Uncle Phil are hilarious at times and one of the best is when they're going to a fancy dress party and Uncle Phil can't decide what to wear. Will says "just put a sock on your head and go as Mr T".

All gas and gaiters - the pilot

Very funny

Private Walker off Dads Army appears as a policeman

Minus the 'tash

Complaints to the BBC about the violence in the new drama "Gunpowder". How pathetic! It was a violent time and it was shown after 9pm. If anyone had any real knowledge of the subject matter they would have expected it. Not just sparklers and Catherine Wheels!

I enjoyed it

I knew about the hanging drawing n quartering

But I didn't know about the dropping big f**king weights on a board placed on the person!

That's f**ked up

No wonder they tried to blow the f**kers up!

Damn, I knew I should have watched this.

Quote: lofthouse @ 22nd October 2017, 10:00 PM

I enjoyed it

I knew about the hanging drawing n quartering

But I didn't know about the dropping big f**king weights on a board placed on the person!

That's f**ked up

A fairly common form of execution back then, mainly for women of high birth. It would have been in your history books had you read them. Afaik it was a privilege for the condemned person to go this way, as it was supposed to be a bloodless death. Far from being f**ked up, it was a most generous offering from the court.

Quote: zooo @ 22nd October 2017, 10:25 PM

Damn, I knew I should have watched this.

If you've seen the docudramas on it then you've missed nothing, so far. Wasn't impressed with the same type of gritty realist period production the Beeb have been doing for years now. For me it all works better as a docudrama as you get the complex story explained between scenes. This was all done in thinly disguised exposition, completely unreal as the conspirators wouldn't dare talk so openly about plots as they do here. In reality it was mostly done in code, that's why docudramas are more authentic on all the anti reformation plots.

I thought it was brilliant. Now sure how authentic the language was but it made it seem more realistic to me.

Carry On Christmas 1972.

A TV offshoot. They did a couple of them. This featured most of the regulars although no Sid James or Kenneth Williams. Still very funny though and written by Talbot Rothwell.

"On the day good King Harry got his Hampton Caught."

Morganna and Terry are so funny together.

Now watching the 1973 Carry on Christmas with Sid James back.

Not his front?

Oho, I am hilarious.