Bad Move Page 3

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 5th October 2017, 9:32 PM

This is exactly what I said after this week's episode! It's a nice premise, Dee and Godliman work well together, but everybody in the village is a total arse! And after every episode I get more and more frustrated that they just continue to live there with seemingly no income and constant setbacks!

Indeed -especially as they appear the victims of misselling at every juncture?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th October 2017, 11:16 PM

Well, I'm (surprisingly) still enjoying it, as is my wife who not a true sitcom fan.

Very apt as this is not a true sitcom. It's a dour Jack Dee com. Another one! :(

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th October 2017, 2:53 PM

Very apt as this is not a true sitcom. It's a dour Jack Dee com. Another one! :(

Nothing wrong with that in my book. Love him as I can see so much of me in it; but I would be effin' and blindin' all the time, which I think I mentioned previous. You can see it in his eyes " "You ****ing ***t. You ****ing waste of space. Why don't you ***k off" :D

Brilliant. Can't get enough of it.

Miles Jupp is great in his typecast role of a smug middle class liberal.

It's like a modern day One Foot In The Grave... and I love the fact that Sir Cliff's song is used non-ironically.

Loved this week's - thought it was very funny but that old dear wants a kick up the arse and told to F off.

Haha - my wife voiced similar sentiments.
I loved Miles Jupp's mask slipping when he had cut his finger.

Kerri Godliman's expression acting is a treat.

Yep, I liked it better this week, the insufferable old woman and, as you say, it was nice to see a bit of character given to Miles Jupp. Dee and Godliman have far more patience than the script would reasonably allow them though, they'd have snapped long before this!

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 20th October 2017, 8:53 AM

Dee and Godliman have far more patience than the script would reasonably allow them though, they'd have snapped long before this!

But what would you do in similar situations? They're the invaders so they have to put up with things a bit more.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2017, 3:35 PM

But what would you do in similar situations? They're the invaders so they have to put up with things a bit more.

No more so than the very annoying family with the brats and prat rock god, both being the biggest problem.

Yes but they were there before them.

Yes but so what, they are still not locals. It's like you were on this site before me but that doesn't make you more privileged, as you well know. :D

The old woman actually annoyed me so much that I almost switched off. I needed some pay off like her getting her comeuppance at the end. Very unsatisfying.

Quote: zooo @ 21st October 2017, 4:22 PM

The old woman actually annoyed me so much that I almost switched off. I needed some pay off like her getting her comeuppance at the end. Very unsatisfying.

I'm inclined to agree. She was genuinely evil! I did like the payoff of Dee getting stuck with her, but then conversly the act of her doing that to him feels too cruel. Actually I think that's my problem with this, it's all too cruel to the protagonists.

None of the episodes seem to end with a payoff but nothing follows on about them.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st October 2017, 4:05 PM

Yes but so what, they are still not locals. It's like you were on this site before me but that doesn't make you more privileged, as you well know. :D

I AM more of a member than you!

Please cut the shop keeper gag with her unseen husband Gareth. Instead of making me laugh, I'm verging on rage! The show is a little too formulated.