W1A Page 6

As if people only talk in catchphrases.

Interested.

No chat up lines that seem to work though.

Your Mum.

This programme is now incredibly dull and tiresome and just a continual stream of "yes, exactly, yes" etc!

It's meant to be. It's a spoof.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 10th October 2017, 3:35 PM

It's meant to be. It's a spoof.

More like a parody of a spoof!

It still brings a welcome smile.

Sadly parts of it are all too real as someone working there.

For me the most interesting part is how easy it is to forget how to walk when a camera is pointed at you. Mainly though we were just annoyed that we had to walk further for a cup of tea because they were filming in the building.

What do you do and when can we send you a script? :)

Continual use of "Yes" "great" "ya" "ok" "really" in short snaps does not qualify as great comic writing. The critics seem to think this is an absolute hoot. For people who work in the media and experience this sort of thing may find it all soooo clever. The majority of us who have never encountered berks such as depicted in this yawnfest are just left cold. Check out Early Doors, Phoenix Nights, Gavin and Stacy, Lead Balloon, The Thick Of It,The Royle Family and Still Game for writers with a real ear for dialogue AND character.

Quote: paulted @ 17th October 2017, 8:35 PM

Continual use of "Yes" "great" "ya" "ok" "really" in short snaps does not qualify as great comic writing. The critics seem to think this is an absolute hoot. For people who work in the media and experience this sort of thing may find it all soooo clever. The majority of us who have never encountered berks such as depicted in this yawnfest are just left cold. Check out Early Doors, Phoenix Nights, Gavin and Stacy, Lead Balloon, The Thick Of It,The Royle Family and Still Game for writers with a real ear for dialogue AND character.

Spot on - it's become an irritating borefest!

And why does Izzy continually cover for retard Will?

People can't help who they like. What I can't understand is why Jack still thinks he's in with a chance. There must be other people to fancy there apart from Izzy. Sixty3Closure, if Jack's so inclined?

Did Monica make a reference to going into the Tardis soon?

Really enjoying this series. I know it is kind of a one joke show but i think it is really well done. I think Hugh Bonneville is excellent and I love the subtle digs of the voice over. Highlight of the series so far - Sarah Parish's timing when she walked into the glass door. But then I am a sucker for a good pratfall.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 17th October 2017, 5:07 PM

What do you do and when can we send you a script? :)

Sadly I work in News (and yes the Head of News is spot on!) so scripts would be for personal enjoyment only.

Quite how any any of them apart from Lucy and Ian would secure any roles, let alone senior ones, is beyond me!

I actually have to admit, I enjoyed this a lot more than Series 2: there seemed to be more thought in the plots, and more at stake. Some good jokes in the V/O too (oh, for another People Like Us).

I still get annoyed that most of the dialogue seems to have been copied from a questionnaire Morton filled in in the doctor's waiting room ("Yes. No. Yes. All good"), but I have to say they ended it well.

But, you know, no more is required, we're fine now. Laughing out loud