Newsjack 2017 Page 48

Newsjack?Verified account @NewsjackBBC

"Thank you for everyone who's sent in material this series - over 2500 sketches and approx 10000 jokes! Now onto the final show..."

Hopefully this NewsJack tweet will take some of the weight out of that crushed feeling. Good luck this week, may your stars be aligned

It does help!

Just dawned on me that I can now stop obsessing over the news. I'm happy about this side of it. Not only did my news app drain data like crazy, but the constant exposure to extremely depressing and sometimes disturbing stories wasn't doing wonders for my mental health!

did anyone steal in with the now legendary Carrie Fisher cow tongue story? Boy-oh-boy!

Anyone able to report tonight?

Doesn't look like it!

Quote: BTF @ 18th October 2017, 10:40 PM

Doesn't look like it!

Don't think we've had one since ep2!

Quote: Thosisd @ 19th October 2017, 7:55 AM

Don't think we've had one since ep2!

yes, and that was the last time I got something recorded!

I'll pretend I went if you like...

sketches I can remember were...talking giant cucumber, dangermouse at spec-savers and a brilliant one about the late Terry Nutkins doing origami

if i can remember any more I'll let you know

:D:D:D
Very good Danno!

Sketch on May, Corbyn for balance, something on round pound, maybe Trump will slip in this week and Rees Mogg as he lends himself to radio.
Have a nasty feeling Angela will talk about U C this week and wipe out any chance my U C sketch had.
Haha as if it had a chance...

Nasty shock just now - an undeliverable item has just dropped into my inbox. My sketches to NJ.

I resent them after 12 that day as I wasn't sure they were in so fingers crossed they are properly received.

I'm sure they give a couple of hours grace. good luck this evening, hope there are a few happy emails flying about. I fear my one killer gag is skating on thin ice...but I did check, and the main protagonist is in a stable condition so...maybe okay??

The talking giant cucumber sketch can be taken in a number of ways, I like the talking 'giant cucumber' angle, as in the language. I digress...

Good luck everyone. Wish I was feeling positive.

I'm not sure which web page I'm refreshing more often - my email, or this one to see if the emails have gone out...

I know. I just want confirmation that yet again I have not beaten the odds.

This and Twitter for me. All in anticipation for that weekly "oh, if they've heard and my inbox is still empty, then that means..." moment.