Sitcom writing one day workshop in Brighton

Alison Vernon-Smith (former Executive Producer in BBC Radio Comedy) and Harry Venning (creator and writer of Clare in the Community on Radio 4) are running a one day workshop in Brighton on the 25th November. It's a small workshop - only ten places

No Laughing Matter - an Introduction to Sitcom Writing is one day on the basics of sitcoms, character, plotting and structure. More details on https://www.facebook.com/NoLaughingMatterBrighton/ or contact Alison through this site.

I used to do quite a few things in Brighton, but it's such a pig to get to. Plus you get all this agent stuff that will "change your life". It gets a bit draining really.

Yes Brighton is a bit of a bleeder to get to from anywhere more than thirty minutes away! But it's very nice when you get here.

I don't really understand about the agent comment? What did you mean?

Alison

These were to do with the workshops I went to in Brighton.

There were agents at the workshops?

Quote: Alison Vernon Smith @ 19th October 2017, 3:23 PM

Sounds like they may have been secret agents.

Alison,

Your course sound great and Brighton is a wonderful venue, except for it being a long distance from the North, are you planning any classes up North ?

Quote: Alison Vernon Smith @ 19th October 2017, 3:23 PM

At New Writing South ones, yes.

Quote: Alison Vernon Smith @ 19th October 2017, 11:03 AM

Yes Brighton is a bit of a bleeder to get to from anywhere more than thirty minutes away!

You mean thirty miles away Alison?
By definition, it can take as little as 31 minutes from the places you're talking about...