What DVD are you watching? Page 28

I've just watched Superman - Man of Steel.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but surely if he ejaculates whilst making love to Lois Lane it would blow a hole right through her - unless he had lead-lined condoms.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd August 2017, 11:31 PM

I've just watched Superman - Man of Steel.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but surely if he ejaculates whilst making love to Lois Lane it would blow a hole right through her - unless he had lead-lined condoms.

Wasn't he given a vasectomy on Krypton when he kept damaging the walls of his bedroom while his parents tried to watch Tenko downstairs in Superman: The Adolescent Years?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd August 2017, 11:55 PM

Wasn't he given a vasectomy on Krypton when he kept damaging the walls of his bedroom while his parents tried to watch Tenko downstairs in Superman: The Adolescent Years?

Don't be stupid! On Krypton he had no super powers. It's only the gravity on earth that made him have super powers.

Now maybe Ma and Pa Kent may have suffered in their shack!:)

I got gifted a boatload of DVDs from fellow forum-member sitcomfan, or whatever his handle is (Thanks, you!).

He gave me:
Rhod Gilbert - Man with the Flaming Battenberg Tattoo
Johnny Vegas - Live at the Benidorm
Johnny Vegas - Who's Ready for Ice Cream?
Paul Merton Collection
Lenny Henry Live
Frank Skinner - Man With a Suit

And I purchased Richard Herring's 'Lord of the Dance Settee' and 'Happy Now?'

Watched the Frank Skinner, and Paul Merton ones yesterday. I think I'd seen the Skinner one at some point (must have downloaded it). The Paul Merton one was excellent though. I think I might just have to be an avid fan of his now.

Had a bit of a DVD marathon.

A Few Good Men - My favourite court room drama with a steller cast and some iconic moments. "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH YOU TRUTH HANDLER, YOU". Actually that's Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons but I always think of that during that climatic scene in the film.

What About Bob - I love Richard Dreyfuss and Bill Murray so a film with them both in leading roles is a dream. When reading about the making of the film I discovered that Bill Murray is known for being tricky to work with and him and Richard Dreyfuss didn't get along. Richard has confirmed this in interviews and said it probably helped with the film as it will have helped make the tension look real :D Richard Dreyfuss is doing a show in London on September 24th and I wish I could go but it's a bit pricey.

Road House - Patrick Swayze is ultra cool in this and I don't see how it's largely seen as a turkey film especially when it has such a great soundtrack from the Jeff Healey band.

Volume 2 of Armchair Theatre - most are very, very dated of course; but tonight I really enjoyed a very young Warren Clarke in " The Death of Glory".

I'm on me olls this week so staying up until the early wee hours watching films. Last night:

Liar Liar - Jim Carrey at his zany best. Very funny film that somehow makes me want to spectate dogging sessions at a remote motorway services carpark.

Twister - Gripping cinematography and Bill Paxton's best role makes this an unmissable, roller coaster treat I can watch time and time again that somehow also makes me want to engage in gay bondage with senior Law Lords.

Erin Brockovitch - Oscar winner Julia Roberts is stunning and the countless tension filled scenes with the legendary Albert Finney leaves me in awe at all the off camera cuckold role playing that must have taken place.

Frost on Sunday DVD - the surviving episodes, which are making for very interesting viewing like tonight's with Vincent Price, and The Two Ronnies "the early years" - brilliant.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th October 2017, 11:39 PM

Frost on Sunday DVD - the surviving episodes, which are making for very interesting viewing like tonight's with Vincent Price, and The Two Ronnies "the early years" - brilliant.

I'm glad someone finally posted after my last drunken entry which was meant to be a Viz themed flm review. I was worried I just looked like a drunken pervy which is only half true.

Oh and for the record you have a point with the 'vile' thing and linguistically a touch too far. I can understand your pain over the matter. I feel it too :D

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th October 2017, 11:59 PM

I'm glad someone finally posted after my last drunken entry which was meant to be a Viz themed flm review. I was worried I just looked like a drunken pervy which is only half true.

Oh and for the record you have a point with the 'vile' thing and linguistically a touch too far. I can understand your pain over the matter. I feel it too :D

I can't tell you how pleased I was to read this post Tarb (if I may call you that) and that we can go forward from here. I also cannot tell you how much I regret starting that damn thread and when I have more time today will be posting an apology to one and all. In the meantime, thank you so much for breaking the ice. :)

I'm feeling so contrite at the moment. :(

The original black and white Likely Lads

Not bad at all

I bought Murnau's Nosferatu when last in Brighton, and hope to watch it soon. Bit short on laughs, though.

Looking forward to Herc's contrition, too!

Quote: beaky @ 15th October 2017, 1:12 PM

Looking forward to Herc's contrition, too!

It bloody well better be in iambic pentameter while hopping. Blindfolded. On Ice.

Just watched Love (Szerelem) by Karoly Makk on DVD. Cannot recommend it enough. Stunning film.

Watched the final show (29th March 1970) on this "Frost on Sunday" DVD and, apart from the sometimes awful jokes, which are surprisingly bad considering the script writing credits being the likes of Barry Cryer, Esmonde & Larby, Nobbs, Shand, Palin, Jones etc.etc., the fledgling Two Ronnies sketches are superb.
The one that had me in hysterics was the one they later revived in the Beeb's Two Ronnies of RB dragged up as Moira Anderson and RC as Kenneth McKellar doing their Scottish duets as Ken & Moira - simply brilliant! Ronnie B has me in stitches just looking at him in this guise. So very, very funny.

And the show finished with the clever sketch of Ronnie C being an everyman character who is convinced, despite him being a nobody, that he is going to be caught out for This is Your Life to the point where he thinks his wife of 20 years (Josephine Tewson) is Eamonn Andrews in disguise.
Enter Ronnie B as his mate asking him if he is going down the pub and would it be OK for him to bring his mate, who enters and is of course Eamonn Andrews with his book to surprise Ronnie C as being the victim. Very good.