Sean Hughes RIP

Genuinely shocked when I saw this. I only saw him two months ago in Edinburgh! A great comic, I saw his stand up show before last, just brilliant, and he was an integral part of the best years of Buzzcocks.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/2816/sean_hughes_rip/

Really sad.
A very funny man, and one of my first favourite comedians. RIP.

Loved "Sean's Show".
WAY too young.

Very sad. Huge in the 90s, Steve Coogan says he was very jealous of him circa 1990 in his memoirs.
What went wrong?
Saw him in 2014.
RIP

Yes very sad at 51. Didn't know of any health problems but I'd guess it may be drink related? All I can say is when I was working all over London in the 90s and 00s I recall about 3 occasions in separate parts of London where someone has told me "that's Sean Hughes' local". It has always been a hazard in an industry where the pub or club is your workplace and drink an aid to performance. :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Probably one of the best sets I've ever seen was Sean Hughes Perrier award winning show in 1990. He had so much energy on stage. RIP Sean. :(

Very sad news. Liked his gentle charming character in 'The last detective'.

RIP

Shocked to hear this, I remember him mostly from Seans Shorts and his twinkly blue eyes, RIP, very sad.

Great loss. Loved his off the wall comedy, especially in Sean's Show. Rest In Peace Sean.

I felt he didn't really find his niche. Sean's Show should have gone further. RIP.

I was sad to hear this yesterday. I hope Beckett and little tickly Tony welcomes him to heaven with open arms.Teary