Technical help needed Page 6

I would check the relevant magazines first to find out which are real & which are malware.

But the best way to be sure of a cleanup is to backup all your data and paid for apps {don't forget your emails too} then do a clean install and re-instate your data

This would seem to be in line with the general advice I'm getting...
Ta.

I keep getting a certificate warning pop up box on the BCG site. This states the certificate name does not match the site name. I have to click that I am happy to proceed, then it appears again and again. This is only happening on my home laptop. I visit the BCG on my work desktop with no problem. Is this a problem with my laptop or the BCG site? Any ideas how I can remedy this?

You need to update everything.

When you "add an exception" for the BCG certificate there is usually a little tick-box somewhere to make the exception permanent.

It seems like you have not ticked it.

In other words Palyfull, stop being ticked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or:
The certificate is in the name WWW.COMEDY.CO.UK, are you reaching the site via a different alias or some-such perhaps leaving off the WWW ?

Thanks for the replies.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th October 2017, 8:14 PM

You need to update everything.

Apart from 'windows explorer' what else might need update?

Quote: billwill @ 16th October 2017, 10:46 AM

When you "add an exception" for the BCG certificate there is usually a little tick-box somewhere to make the exception permanent.

It seems like you have not ticked it.

Not sure where to tick 'add an exception' the 'certificate warning' box does not give this as an option?

Quote: billwill @ 16th October 2017, 10:51 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Or:
The certificate is in the name WWW.COMEDY.CO.UK, are you reaching the site via a different alias or some-such perhaps leaving off the WWW ?

Using the same desktop shortcut link that i have used ok for a long time.

Thanks again.

Quote: playfull @ 16th October 2017, 3:29 PM

Using the same desktop shortcut link that i have used ok for a long time.

That is probably not relevant because BCG previously did not use a HTTPS security certificate, but there has been great pressure over the last year or so for websites to use the more secure HTTPS protocol, so BCG probably changed relatively recently.

Check the address that that shortcut goes to and/or make a new shortcut icon.

Deleted the shortcut and replaced with a new one. Warning box still appears.

Which internet browser program are you using?

NO SOUND

Anyone else experiencing this? In the last week or so I've noticed there is no sound on posts of mine or other posters where the video or whatever is silent.

I've looked at the BCG settings, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing - videos work fine on YouTube, but not when posted on here recently for some reason. Weird...........and annoying. :S Angry

I've even logged out and in to see if it would clear it.

Sound working fine this end - so it's not the site.
Your "Hit the Road Jack" posting has sound, if that's any help.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2021, 9:33 AM

Sound working fine this end - so it's not the site.
Your "Hit the Road Jack" posting has sound, if that's any help.

Yes, thank you, it does have sound on YT, but not for me (it seems) on here. This is bloody odd.

Odd - and obviously beyond my limited tech-savvy.
Are you getting sound off any vids on here?
What about clips elsewhere on here - like the programme guides - is it the whole site or just the forums?