The Weather Page 179

Just spent 3 hours at the range with some friends. It was fun shooting all sorts of rifles and pistols - including a sweet AR15 with a suppressor - but the triple-digit temperatures wore us out.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 17th May 2017, 7:30 PM

26C here today!! That's exactly my cup of tea!

That's not a very hot cup of tea.

>_<

Another boiling day with no breeze but hopefully the forecast that there will be storms tonight and it will be much cooler tomorrow are true. I'm not good in hot weather because I don't tan and sweat easily but the plus side is I've been trying out different ciders. I'm only going for the cheaper brands but my favourite so far is Thatchers Gold which is very appley and refreshing. Pop a few bottles in the freezer for an hour and lovely jubley.

How about White Lightning?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st June 2017, 11:08 PM

How about White Lightning?

I'm surprised you drink that stuff. Super strength is too strong for me but I've recently joined a wine club which is going well. We meet in the park every morning.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th June 2017, 9:04 PM

That's not a very hot cup of tea.

Quite hot for an ice tea though.

Half two in the afternoon and I can hardly see a thing, may have to put a light on. There is the strangest dense yellow light seeping through the window, and the room is now quite dark, wow it's like something out of StarTrek. What a moody sky that is, beautiful.

UPDATE Oh just realised by the doors rattling it must have something to do with Ophelia. Dark clouds are racing by, even though I'm no where near where the path of the storm is said to be going over NI and western Scotland, nye on 500 mile northwest of here but it is very dark and very windy here. So far looks like a very well named weather front as it is both very gloomy yet beautiful to look at. Hopefully not as tragic though. Teary

Yeah, I had a bright red sun and yellow ominous skies all day (up until recently).
It's the Saharan dust whipped up in the atmosphere from the hurricane, apparently!

The sky was sort of pink here in North London dim like dusk, probably combination of the yellow and the usual dusk effects.

Gone to yellowish now

It was very yellow here until mid afternoon and was like being in a shop that had yellow tinted film in the windows common a few decades ago. Not sure why shops had them and maybe it was to prevent items in window displays from getting sun damaged or to prevent sun glare or maybe for no other reason than simply to make everything look yellow. There's a hardware cum toy shop in a little village near me that still uses it and it's nostalgic.

I woke up last night because of the strong winds and it was blustery this evening. Not the kind of weather to be out walking.

The sky looked like Mustard Gas (I imagine) and then I saw a big bright red ball in the sky.

Did you think you were having flashbacks to your youth in WWI?

Well, it's spring where I live and many crazy birds are singing all the time to seduce some partners.

Cute really.

Though an old thread but would like to update on the present weather. Its getting really chilly with the winds blowing in from the Arctic. Freezing.