Not Going Out - Series 9

I've just booked tickets for a read through and the new series is being recorded from November 24th.

Ditto! I'm going on Sunday and then 12th Jan for a recording

I'm going Wednesday evening.

I went to one of these years ago when Miranda and Tim were still in it. Great fun.

Not Going In! I had tickets tonight for a Not Going Out script run through but wasn't lucky enough to get in.They always issue more for these things. Still I saw the bearded Lee Mack and Hugh Dennis in the bar.

Some pals and I made a day of it in London in 2010, to watch a live recording of NGO. Only we were turned away because they over-sold on tickets.

Rookie error on our half. Clearly a first come, first serve basis - even if you have a ticket.

That's pretty harsh isn't it? I know they want to be sure they fill seats, but what about us poor sods who travelled on the motorway and various tube stops to attend?

I wasn't too upset because I was half-expecting it. I'd been lucky in the past and got in to all the shows I'd been to before.

I went back to my local pub quiz and we got second prize.

Anyway they took the tickets of the unlucky ones and we've got priority for another show. I can't make the other read-through but hoping to go to one of the recordings.

Speaking of Series 9, isn't there an upcoming Christmas Special before it airs? Seem to remember there being one for 2017 filmed alongside Series 8 but my brain may have completely made that up.

Quote: Feeoree @ 1st October 2017, 2:08 PM

Speaking of Series 9, isn't there an upcoming Christmas Special before it airs? Seem to remember there being one for 2017 filmed alongside Series 8 but my brain may have completely made that up.

Yes, there should be a Christmas Special this December as 8 recordings took place for Series 8 and only 7 episodes aired earlier this year. So there should be a Christmas Special this year. Aaron will be the best person to ask, though.

Yes, well remembered. We do indeed think one is on the way, but it's not been confirmed.

New season being recorded in November, December and January.

Haven't the BBC already ordered a series 10?

Yup!

First time seeing NGO live (going in December), wondering if anyone has any tips for making sure I get into the show??

Quote: MarieJade @ 15th October 2017, 5:18 PM

First time seeing NGO live (going in December), wondering if anyone has any tips for making sure I get into the show??

Get there early. Take a packed lunch and some drinks.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd October 2017, 8:21 PM

New season being recorded in November, December and January.

I can't believe I wrote "season". I meant "Series".

Quote: MarieJade @ 15th October 2017, 5:18 PM

I'm afraid the only advice really is to get there early and be prepared to wait a good few hours! Saying that, the last few times I've been they've given out tickets to those arriving early ensuring that as long as you're back by a certain time you could go to the pub next door. Then again I think they're filming in a different studio this time around so not sure if that perk will stay.