Favorite John Williams score?

What's your favourite John Williams score?
hard to choose right? there's a lot.

There is a rule not only why it's your favourite but why it is your favourite.

For me has to be - home alone.
Reason ; mixing christmas with empathy, joy and hardship in christmas

GO!

Star Wars

Laughing out loud

£20 bag of ganja for £15 because he dropped it in a puddle.

Can't stand classical music

But even I think the music from Star Wars was fantastic - it's one of the things that made the movies so special

Spine tingling stuff

They all sound the same to me.

That's probably just the acoustics in the nursing home.

Superman 1978
Reason: it's got brass for days ...and it's slightly over the top.

I used to whistle that when my next door neighbor came home (he was a twat, wanker and braggart)
He never got the joke.

Quote: Will Cam @ 16th October 2017, 6:47 AM

That's probably just the acoustics in the nursing home.

Pardon?

To give a serious answer because I love classical music.

70s - Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. I wonder if it was John Williams who came up with that distinctive duh duh duh duh duh melody.

80s - Indiana Jones films. Lots of suspense and resolution visuals that the music subtly accompanies.

90s - Saving Private Ryan (possibly Schindler's List but I've not seen that since 1993 so can't remember the musical score)

If I try to sing a bit of the Superman theme, then Indiana Jones, then Star Wars (yes my evening is flying by), I can't do it. I can only keep one or two in my head at once.
They are annoyingly similar, but all excellent.

Quote: zooo @ 16th October 2017, 11:04 PM

If I try to sing a bit of the Superman theme, then Indiana Jones, then Star Wars (yes my evening is flying by), I can't do it. I can only keep one or two in my head at once.

Exactly my point.

The only one I really know is Star Wars.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 16th October 2017, 10:54 PM

To give a serious answer because I love classical music.

70s - Close Encounters Of The Third Kind. I wonder if it was John Williams who came up with that distinctive duh duh duh duh duh melody.

80s - Indiana Jones films. Lots of suspense and resolution visuals that the music subtly accompanies.

90s - Saving Private Ryan (possibly Schindler's List but I've not seen that since 1993 so can't remember the musical score)

Yeah it was was first thing in his tribute , look it up will farrell

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th October 2017, 12:35 PM

Can't stand classical music

But even I think the music from Star Wars was fantastic - it's one of the things that made the movies so special

Spine tingling stuff

Cant stand classical music when you go to bed and have trouble sleeping play vivaldi on ur phone then ur mind will change

Quote: zooo @ 16th October 2017, 11:04 PM

Yeah becaue george and steven made indiana also on side note spielberg has shares in star wars franchise it was a bet hey im making this alien movie im making this movie called star wars

I wrote it in post not long ago always handy in entertainment if your not busy do a managed investment scheme course in finance perfect example spielberg gets 1 percent of all star wars