The Simpsons has jumped the shark Page 9

liked the first season 1,2,4,5 but then it went downhill. but I do like the movie though

I love their mock series: "Ethnic Mismatch" and "Do Shut Up". They're so silly I laughed my lungs out.

The voice of Edna Krabappel, Marcia Wallace has died aged 70.

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 26 2013, 4:57 PM BST

The voice of Edna Krabappel, Marcia Wallace has died aged 70.

Sorry to hear this news.

A neat video recently posted on youtube tracing the fall of the Simpsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

It's a mere drop in the ocean compared to what else has been produced online regarding the same topic (not least the extensive and sharply detailed Dead Homer Society website) but it's well put together and something I entirely agree with. Aside from the corruption of the characters that were once loved and the banal, weak script I was shocked, when stumbling upon one of the newer episodes (must have been from the last 5 years or so) on Channel 4 last night, just how stilted, stiff and emotionless the animation was. It looked like a fan made episode posted on youtube designed by robots. To call it a shadow of its former self would be kind in my opinion.

They should hook up with Melania. She jumps sharks too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 24th September 2017, 12:28 PM

They should hook up with Melania. She jumps sharks too.

This is not Happy Days and she is not the Fonz!

Such a bizarre thing that The Simpsons went from fantastically funny to boring in a matter of a couple of seasons.

There's some YouTuber who explains the theory on why the show went downhill so fast. Something to do with getting rid of almost all the writers after around season 8 - but I think the show was still awesome up until around season 11/12.