I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,959

I'm sure it's just your online persona or whatever, but from what I've noticed you don't often talk about any women (except one!) with any respect at all. If they're not Mel C, then they're sluts or whores or whatever.
Again I very much doubt you treat actual women badly at all in real life! Or even think about them in that way. But if you don't want people to misunderstand you, then maybe think about the way you talk about women online.

I'm not trying to insult you or get into an argument, by the way. Just pointing something out.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th October 2017, 2:04 PM

Weinstein's been accused of rape. That goes far beyond the casting couch..

Right, because a studio exec raping actresses has never stemmed from the casting couch culture... totally separate issues. And we can just ignore that Seagal's ex-wife of 10 years says she was raped all the time.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th October 2017, 2:04 PM

Boasting is not a crime. Enjoying guns is not a crime. Raping women is a crime.

How about boasting about sexual assault (pussy grabbing). You think that's cool? Worthy of your vote?
As for responding to a horrific mass shooting by stating that guns are fun. That is so awesome.

Quote: Kenneth @ 14th October 2017, 5:49 PM

Right, because a studio exec raping actresses has never stemmed from the casting couch culture... totally separate issues.

You're right. They're totally separate issues. One is disgusting, but consensual. The other is non-consensual.

And we can just ignore that Seagal's ex-wife of 10 years says she was raped all the time.

I know nothing about that loser and couldn't care less about him. If he raped his wife he should go to jail. Simple.

How about boasting about sexual assault (pussy grabbing). You think that's cool?

A boast with no basis in fact? Just empty words. If he actually assaulted someone then he should pay the consequences.

As for responding to a horrific mass shooting by stating that guns are fun. That is so awesome.

It was in response to your assertion that "guns are dumb." Millions of people around the world participate in shooting sports because they're fun. If some madman shoots a bunch of people that doesn't change things in the slightest.

Quote: zooo @ 14th October 2017, 4:06 PM

you don't often talk about any women (except one!) with any respect at all. If they're not Mel C, then they're sluts or whores or whatever.

Again, I'm afraid I don't quite get your point. I describe things as they are. If I see a lovely girl like Mel C who survives 20 years in the biz without degenerating into the usual clichés, I praise her; if I see a filthy woman who disgraces her sex by fellating a sledgehammer, I have every right to joke, 'You can't get blood from a stone - but if you're Miley Cyrus, you can get jizz from a sledgehammer.'
People get what they deserve. I'm not the offensive one,.

Quote: DaButt @ 5th October 2017, 4:10 PM

My answer to that question will always be "not enough." :)

That's like me talking about my record/CD collection.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 14th October 2017, 8:58 PM

if I see a filthy woman who disgraces her sex by fellating a sledgehammer

Er, okay.
I would say Weinstein and his ilk were rather more disgracing their sex by raping endless people. But if you prefer to focus on someone pretending to suck on an inanimate object as the evil one, that's cool too.

People get what they deserve. I'm not the offensive one.

People get what they deserve. Nice choice of words in a conversation about rape and abuse. ;)

As a blokey kind of bloke, I can't find any way to defend anyone who abuses their position or power to prey on females.

Some thoughts, in no particular order.

I remember an interview with George Melly, in which he spoke about encroaching old age and how he found impotence to be a release. He was no longer driven by his primal sexual urges and was free to explore platonic relationships with females, with no vested sexual interest. He said that, once his testosterone production had all but stopped, he saw the standard male/female thing for what it was: a thuggish group of petty tyrants manipulating women for their own base gratification, with no thought of care nor welfare for the more vulnerable gender.

The adult male has a sickness, whether it be from the effects of testosterone or T.Gondii infestation (as some would have us believe). Whatever the case, this sickness is evidenced in this very thread: posters who display a quasi-sexual fascination with all things 'gun'; others who display an horrific deep-seated hatred of women, expressed with the most vile of obscenity, dressed-up as comedy.

The women of the world should get organised and start up female-only Unions. Then they should go on strike. Perhaps then, man might realise how important women are to the general scheme of things. After all, it is women who do most of the graft, while males generally sit on their backsides bullying, intimidating and bossing the women around, whilst reaping the profits of the women's hard graft.

The world as we know it would collapse if women downed tools.

Quote: zooo @ 14th October 2017, 10:15 PM

Er, okay.
I would say Weinstein and his ilk were rather more disgracing their sex

I agree - check my post on strip clubs. Animals.

focus on someone pretending to suck on an inanimate object as the evil one, that's cool too.

I'm not saying that's the whole problem. Doesn't help though, does it? 100 years of radical feminism and a woman goes down on a sledgehammer to make a living. Girl power!

People get what they deserve. Nice choice of words in a conversation about rape and abuse. ;)

You KNOW that's not what I meant. I meant that I describe people honestly. If I see a woman degrading her sex, why can't I critricise it? Language doesn't offend and disgust; behaviour can.
Recently someone said the word Slut should be taken out of the dictionary because it's sexist. It IS a horrible word, but when a woman acts like an, um, yeah, it's difficult to call her Mother Theresa. But enough about my mother.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th October 2017, 10:26 PM

As a blokey kind of bloke, I can't find any way to defend anyone who abuses their position or power to prey on females.

Can anyone?

Yes, the abuser often does defend their act, blaming it on the victim. In some countries even the justice system agrees with them.

This clip is intelligent but they ruin it with laughter. Should be tears. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6L12k3yL64

Quote: SSTT @ 14th October 2017, 11:22 PM

The women of the world should get organised and start up female-only Unions. Then they should go on strike.

Yup, bound to happen. Tomorrow. I'm gonna end wars and famine and terrorism in time for beddie-byes too.
I think my comment was misunderstood. I wasn't condoning the digraceful behaviour of men or suggesting women were in any way responsible. But there's a stand-up in me, and when I read 'Playboy Playmate has just come out and said that Oliver Stone grabbed her breast at a party' it was comedy gold... 'Hi! I'm Sally and I'm your playmate of the month. WANNA PLAY, BIG BOY? MMMMMMMmmmm! Look at these titties, wanna fondle, BIG GUY? My awesome curves, my perfectly-manicured finger in my pussy, bet you wish that was your schlong, hey BIG MAAAN? I made my first million bonking a repulsive oldie in a castle, my second billion dressing as a f**king bunny rabbit ffs, and my third trillion turning my labia inside out for an industry that tells women you're USELESS without yer fake 65870508750-dollar-titties, and guys that there's nothing a girl wants more than a good hard rape! I am AWESOME... OLLIE! Get yer f**king hands off me, yer PERV! MY BODY IS HOLY, IT'S A TEMPLE, A SHRINE, you f**king MEN are all the same, no f**king RESPECT for women, I mean HELLO?'

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 15th October 2017, 2:10 PM

Yup, bound to happen. Tomorrow.

But it better not interrupt tea time or else.

Quote: SSTT @ 14th October 2017, 11:22 PM

Whatever the case, this sickness is evidenced in this very thread: posters who display a quasi-sexual fascination with all things 'gun'

Another of your posts about subjects that exist only in your own head.

A severe flaw in the WPA2 protocol that is used by essentially every wifi-connected device has been announced. This is a very big deal and everyone should be on the lookout for security updates for your phones, laptops, smart watches, routers and every other device that can connect via wifi. Until they are patched/updated, your devices' wireless data will be vulnerable to interception by bad guys.

More info here: https://www.krackattacks.com/

Teary I wish I understood what any of that meant. Surely they are safe when turned off, which I'm getting into the habit of doing.