Sex Lives of the Potato Men: Crude or a Classic? Page 2

Guilty pleasure of a classic.

Strangely enough i just bought this. Partly based on curiosity and partly on a vague memory of enjoying it years ago when (I suspect) my humour was more laddish. I have to admit I laughed quite a few times, squirmed in embarrassment slightly less but on the whole enjoyed it for the £2.99 I paid. I don't think it's for everyone and did wonder if it undermined itself with the moral ending and sort of redemption of the main character. Would it have been funnier to leave him as he started the film?

This film was utter shit.

The plot was inconsistent. Big no-no in a sex comedy. The soap opera-esque breaks in between scene transitions totally ruined the continuity, the pacing, and broke up any point of caring about the characters by and large. The characters furthermore were terribly unlikable, and make even the Three Stooges look intelligent by a wide margin. All I saw were lazy STD carrying slobs running around chasing sex for NO GOOD REASON. And I literally only needed one. I got through the Confessions films and didn't have this type of swill taste in my mouth.

The porker of the duo had so much potential, and the film spent zero time making him even remotely interesting. Him and the skinny sidekick were just boring. No depth, no personality. Just bums completely living in their own heads and not realities. I needed to see more about the Potato business. Some motivation. Something. They were just a joke.

The supporting characters, like the dude that had a thing for eating ass with jelly and the head of the potato company obsessed with his ex that stole her dog, they were somewhat amusing enough to watch the full film just to find out what happened to them. But what we get out of it is a huge middle finger by the filmmakers and pretty much nothing.

The porker should not have gotten a happy ending. Nor should his sidekick. Both of them should have just killed themselves and donated their infected bodies to the university for studying - that could have been a good ending to a D list movie.

If this is a 21st Century take on a British sex comedy the genre is truly f**ked.

Great title, though.