Status report Page 5,988

Will Cam is reclined on the sofa in front if the wood burner feeling all midle classed and snuggley.

Quote: Will Cam @ 14th October 2017, 4:54 PM

Will Cam is reclined on the sofa in front if the wood burner feeling all midle classed and snuggley.

Is it that cool already? Temperatures have dropped notably over the last 3 weeks, but it's still going to hit 89F/32C today. I'm looking forward to the month or so that I'll actually be able to open the windows.

Having a few drinks with work colleagues tonight as someone is leaving although he's not actually leaving he's just moving to another team a few desks away so I'll still see him every day. Still, any reason for a few drinkies is good enough for me. I just need to make sure I have a sensible few pints and get a taxi home by 11pm and not go on an all night bender.

Rewatching Breaking Bad.
That show has a bigger hook than the meth they sell.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th October 2017, 5:23 PM

Rewatching Breaking Bad.

I need to do that someday. Maybe after Better Call Saul ends its own brilliant run.

I have a friend who watched a few episodes of Breaking Bad and he "couldn't get into it." I question his sanity.

Brilliant how they knitted BCS into BB with no visible join.

....apart from, what happened to Kim Wexler?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th October 2017, 5:58 PM

Brilliant how they knitted BCS into BB with no visible join.

....apart from, what happened to Kim Wexler?

She is my one and only celebrity fanboy crush. Hoo boy...

Quote: DaButt @ 13th October 2017, 3:15 PM

I'd have to cook a lot more food if a team came over.

I took this photo at the NFL Hall of Fame 3 years ago. The 20-inch bicep on the right belongs to a neighbor who lives one street over. I've never met him, but he's an imposing figure when he's out for a stroll.

That's not football. That's throwing the ball a lot and carrying it which is actually handball.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th October 2017, 2:04 PM

Will make sure the fishes are fed...to the cat next door.

He didn't think much of that because they're only little fish.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th October 2017, 2:12 AM

I'm glad the comedy writer thread has been closed
It can be fun to grab some popcorn and watch that sort of thread from time to time
But I do think that starting thread about a fellow member unless it's done in a nice way is poor form

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th October 2017, 10:31 AM

Agreed.
Seemed a bit unnecessary, as he was getting plenty of stick elsewhere from others - me included.
I think you should always feel free to call people out for bad forum behaviour and (my personal bug-bare) bad or ill-informed advice - but it should never be personal.
More often than not, attention-seeking is at the heart of most 'rogue' BCG-ers.
In which case, best not feed the flames.

Yes, you were right Steve - it was poor form and I regret it now. This has made me reflect a lot and there is no doubt about it that I am not the happy go lucky person I was prior to my wife's near death and stroke, and then to have the situation exacerbated when my own health plummeted some two years ago. It does tend to make you peevish.

I know you were generalising Lazzard, but it certainly wasn't attention seeking on my part - I suppose I saw people giving CWD a bashing and wanting to fan the flames, went overboard for which I apologise to CWD for.

Comedywriterdude made so little sense
That peeved Herc could no longer sit on the fence
So he started a thread that Aaron soon put to bed
Now poor Herc is left wanting to go boil his head

Shandonbelle shared a lovely little ditty
So upbeat and charming my hangover is a little less shitty
I'm now going run around outside naked waving my arms in the air
I'll probably get arrested but I really don't care
When I'm released from jail I'll do it again
But next time I'll blame it all on a dog called Glen
A few months later I'll visit Glen in jail
and rubs salt in the wounds by pulling his tail
when Glen gets out no doubt he'll give me a clout which is a good shout given this bout (of shite)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th October 2017, 10:06 AM

I know you were generalising Lazzard, but it certainly wasn't attention seeking on my part -

It wasn't you I was talking about.
:)
The 'rogue' bit, I mean.

Quote: DaButt @ 14th October 2017, 6:49 PM

She is my one and only celebrity fanboy crush. Hoo boy...

Reah Seehorn (no pun - real name)
Kim Wexler in Better call Saul.

Is this not in danger of going Off-Topic? Surely these are all "Who do you fancy?"

Quote: Chappers @ 16th October 2017, 10:05 PM

Is this not in danger of going Off-Topic? Surely these are all "Who do you fancy?"

Not sure if you can be off-topic in the General Discussion forum, but there's always room for a photo of Rhea Seehorn. :)

That picture doesn't really do her justice. She's much prettier (in an understated 45-year-old way) on Better Call Saul.