Status report Page 5,987

I'm off to Crete tomorrow for a week. Can somebody pop in to feed the fish for me? The keys are under the green flower pot in the front garden.

My neighbours have started having parties at the weekend and playing loud music which is slowly driving me insane. Last night they were playing music until 1:30am and I decided I would tell the landlord and ask him to have a quiet word with them.

I then changed my mind and decided to show my neighbours I have a pretty good sound system too by placing my speakers on the floor and playing drum and bass until 5am. Everytime the inconsiderate c**ts play loud music I'm going to do the same and hopefully they will get the message.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th October 2017, 1:37 PM

I then changed my mind and decided to show my neighbours I have a pretty good sound system too by placing my speakers on the floor and playing drum and bass until 5am. Everytime the inconsiderate c**ts play loud music I'm going to do the same and hopefully they will get the message.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th October 2017, 3:34 PM

I'm off to Crete tomorrow for a week. Can somebody pop in to feed the fish for me? The keys are under the green flower pot in the front garden.

Will make sure the fishes are fed...to the cat next door.

Quote: DaButt @ 8th October 2017, 1:48 PM

Laughing out loud Love it, though I would have the speakers facing the wall, and I presume he knows his neighbour is not a 6' 6" ex Marine, now heavy-weight wrestler.

Quote: DaButt @ 8th October 2017, 1:48 PM

Clever guy and I feel sorry for him because the volume of that music is unbearable. I can understand how stressful it is to live next door to someone who plays loud music with thumping bass that makes the walls vibrate because I used to have a neighbour who would play techno all the time and would have his hoodie mates sleeping over every night. I felt powerless to do anything about it because they outmuscled me and I got out the bunting when he finally moved out. It must be even worse in America where you don't know what your neighbour is packing and could end up in this situation:

My actions last night certainly didn't go unnoticed because they have been as quiet as mice today but I wont know for sure until next weekend. I'm also being my quiet usual self today so hopefully this will resolve it without me having to tell the landlord about it. I was absolutely fuming last night and even when I woke up I was still livid. Thank God for Chopin's piano sonatas to gently disperse my murderous thoughts.

I do feel bad now for doing it because the music I played was really loud and probably disturbed other neighbours but I was so angry they thought it was ok to play music until 1:30am and seem to have turned their flat in to a nightclub. I think 10pm is the general rule when loud music stops in residential areas or at least gets turned down a lot and most people can live with that if it's not every weekend so to carry on until 1:30 is outragous. To the credit of my neighbours and their guests they sound well behaved and there is a lot of laughter amongst them and at one stage they were doing Polish karaoke and clearly having a blast. Then some Michael Jackson and S Club 7 and at the end of the night before everyone left they all sang songs together so it's obviously a nice bunch of people getting together to have a knees up after a working week and I welcome that but not when they know the music volume is way too loud.

I was standing behind my front door when they were leaving and some of them tried my door handle in their drunken state. It's a good job it was locked or they would have been greeted by a very pissed off neighbour in his underpants :D

Just finished making 2 pounds of guacamole, 6 pounds of salsa, and 8 pounds of carnitas are in the oven. Tomorrow I'll make a big pan of macaroni & cheese. There are 20 gallons of beer on tap in my dining room and my neighbors will bring even more beer, booze, and food tomorrow.

Football party at my house!

How many football teams are coming over?

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th October 2017, 2:53 PM

How many football teams are coming over?

I'd have to cook a lot more food if a team came over.

I took this photo at the NFL Hall of Fame 3 years ago. The 20-inch bicep on the right belongs to a neighbor who lives one street over. I've never met him, but he's an imposing figure when he's out for a stroll.

Handy if you want a roll of carpet carrying..

Quote: DaButt @ 13th October 2017, 3:15 PM

I'd have to cook a lot more food if a team came over.

I took this photo at the NFL Hall of Fame 3 years ago. The 20-inch bicep on the right belongs to a neighbor who lives one street over. I've never met him, but he's an imposing figure when he's out for a stroll.

I expect that's how he got his surname.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th October 2017, 4:07 PM

I expect that's how he got his surname.

Laughing out loud

I'm glad the comedy writer thread has been closed
It can be fun to grab some popcorn and watch that sort of thread from time to time
But I do think that starting thread about a fellow member unless it's done in a nice way is poor form

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th October 2017, 2:12 AM

It can be fun to grab some popcorn

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th October 2017, 2:12 AM

I'm glad the comedy writer thread has been closed
It can be fun to grab some popcorn and watch that sort of thread from time to time
But I do think that starting thread about a fellow member unless it's done in a nice way is poor form

Agreed.
Seemed a bit unnecessary, as he was getting plenty of stick elsewhere from others - me included.
I think you should always feel free to call people out for bad forum behaviour and (my personal bug-bare) bad or ill-informed advice - but it should never be personal.
More often than not, attention-seeking is at the heart of most 'rogue' BCG-ers.
In which case, best not feed the flames.