Goodnight Sweetheart Page 24

But was the reason for not turning it into a series not just because they already had enough revivals of sitcoms? With them already having Still Open All Hours going, and starting a new Porridge they said that's all they had space for but maybe if Porridge or Still Open All Hours come to an end soon then they would consider his again?

But GNSH had the highest ratings so it would make sense to go with that but the person in charge at the BBC is an idiot. Still Open All Hours is going strong so I don't think that will be axed.

I am still waiting for a comeback series for this show.

I don't think it'd be flimsy and hollow like Porridge remake has so far been, and Still Open All Hours. (Matter of opinion I know) but Goodnight Sweetheart is ready to go. Many more storylines they could tell with room to introduce a few more characters.

You do know that many things you wait for don't happen?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 8th October 2017, 3:44 PM

You do know that many things you wait for don't happen?

I did not know this, no.

However, can you blame me for expecting a comeback/revival? It's happening a lot in TV and film, more than ever.

Oh my gosh, I never read here about the extra episode. I didn't even know there was one.
Tonight it was shown on the 'That's TV channel. Some great laughs - especially when he showed Ron a photo of his dog from the 60's/

I think they wanted to do a new series but the Beeb said no...