Newsjack 2017 Page 45

Quote: Danno @ 10th October 2017, 4:45 PM

Am guessing the Dove ad was amongst the popular fayre this week.

I didn't submit mine:

1. Because of this very reason
2. My partner didn't understand it

FWIW, it was:

"Dove have apologised for any offence caused by their advert which showed a black woman change colour into white. They have now sacked the person who decided this campaign should be red-lit."

From my usual 'Newsjack' search on Twitter I can reveal this episode includes at least one Boris impression. Narrows it down massively, I know.

No Trump this episode.

Quote: Steev @ 12th October 2017, 3:46 PM

"Dove have apologised for any offence caused by their advert which showed a black woman change colour into white. They have now sacked the person who decided this campaign should be red-lit."

Green.

When a project is approved it is said to have "been given the green light" (i.e. "the go-ahead", like a green traffic light).

Had someone anticipated the advert's capacity to generate outrage amongst those of an overly-sensitive disposition and actually given it the "red light" (as in "stop" rather than "knocking shop") there wouldn't have been the minor flurry of fuss to let us know the sub-chattering class is still active on Twitter.

Quote: Steev @ 12th October 2017, 3:46 PM

Did the company's response to the uproar constitute a whitewash? ;)

We got the "recorded but cut" email. Good luck everyone! :)

Looks like I've not got again. At least I'm consistent.

Nice one Bonzo!!!

Miraculously got the "you're in" email. Good luck everyone.

Very well done Damian B!

And well done Bonzo and Death by Monkey!

Quote: Bonzo @ 12th October 2017, 6:13 PM

We got the "recorded but cut" email. Good luck everyone! :)

Well done. Do they tell you if it is a sketch or one liner?

Well done DamianB and Death by monkey.

Damian B didn't you get something in recently? You are on a roll.

Well done Damian. Nothing again here. Oh well. Next week.

Quote: BTF @ 12th October 2017, 7:04 PM

Well done. Do they tell you if it is a sketch or one liner?

Well done DamianB and Death by monkey.

Damian B didn't you get something in recently? You are on a roll.

This is the third time I've had one-liners accepted, all this series. But as I've submitted stuff for several series now, it's clear that persistence matters more than talent. :)

Well done Bonzo and Death by monkey.

=D>

Cheers all, for those interested my joke that was cut was:
'Morrison's to be sued over data leaks, data sprouts, data carrots and data butternut squash'

Well done Damian, bonzo, deathbymonkey.